Microsoft Office - Installing Converters
Microsoft Office might have problems reading certain files that are not written in Office format (.doc, .xls, etc.). This is because Office needs a special converter to open these files. You may get an error message when you try to open these files asking you insert the Office CD.
This document describes how to install the feature that allows Word to read a document that is in a different format (such as Word Perfect, or Rich Text Format (rtf)).
- Click Start, then select Control Panel.
- Windows 8 users type Control Panel into the Start screen and hit Enter.
Click Programs and Features.
Locate your version of Microsoft Office in the list, and click the Change button.
Make sure Add or Remove Features is selected, and press Continue.
A progress bar will appear. Wait for the installation to finish.
- Go to Start, then select Control Panel.
- Open Add or Remove Programs.
- Select your version of Microsoft Office and click Change.
- Select Add or Remove Features and press Next.
- Press Update.
- A progress bar will appear. Wait for the installation to finish.
- Press OK.