Learn more about WiscList Custom and how you can use it to send effective communications to your target audience.
Jump ahead to Getting Started.
What is WiscList Custom?
- WiscList Custom is an extension of the WiscList service that provides data-driven email lists at no cost to you.
- Lists are created on a per-request basis to meet your specific needs.
- We use data from the UW student and employee systems to populate these lists, so you can select your audience based on a wide range of demographic data.
- WiscList Custom automatically updates your lists each day to make sure you don't miss out on connecting with your audience.
Why send targeted emails?
- Email is still the most effective digital marketing channel with customer acquisition and retention rates topping other formats like social media (sources).
- Using tools like WiscList Custom allows you to take full advantage of email by targeting key demographics and customizing content for your readers.
- Targeted communications let you connect with your intended audience, increasing open and clickthrough rates compared with broad spectrum email blasts.
Jump ahead to Getting Started.
How can WiscList Custom help me?
- WiscList is powered by Lyris ListManager and provided to campus at no charge. We provide the features of other commercial solutions without the price tag.
- Was your email effective? Use WiscList to find out by tracking opens, click-throughs, and unsubscribes easily through our self-service interface.
- Engage your audience with custom tailored HTML content and social media integration.
- Available 24x7x365, supported by the Help Desk and backed by the WiscList team, you'll always have someone to turn to if you have questions.
How are people using WiscList Custom?
WiscList Custom can be used in so many ways. The following are just some examples of how our customers are using WiscList Custom to meet their needs.
Division of Continuing Studies
When DCS wants offers a lecture or event, they use WiscList Custom to target campus populations that would be most interested. When offering a new program in the medical field, for example, DCS used WiscList Custom to target marketing towards faculty and staff in fields related to medicine.
Department of Mathematics
The Math department regularly needs to communicate with students in the introductory calculus series; sending updates about textbooks and materials to a new list or people each semester takes a lot of time and effort. Using WiscList Custom, they always have a current list of students enrolled in the calculus courses and can easily communicate with them in minutes.
DoIT sends out a technology newsletter to campus students, faculty, and staff. They use WiscList Custom to send the various editions to the intended audiences, and then track opens and clickthroughs to see if the content engaged readers.
To get started, submit a request for your WiscList Custom list. Our KB article will walk you through the process: WiscList Custom - Request Form Guide
If you have questions or would like a free, personalized consultation from the WiscList team, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org