Get help from the DoIT Help Desk
Help Desk Phone Information
- Canvas Teacher App Released Jul 31, 2017, 7:58 AM CDT
Instructure has released the Canvas Teacher app, available for iOS and Android phones and tablets.
- DoIT Help Desk to Provide Canvas Support Jun 30, 2017, 4:00 PM CDT
Starting July 1, 2017, the DoIT Help Desk will begin offering full support for Canvas in place of Instructure. The Help Desk will continue to provide similar high-quality, flexible support, which will compliment the various other in-person and online training resources that are also available on campus.
- New Box web experience coming to UW–Madison August 2017 Aug 9, 2017, 2:05 PM CDT
On August 14, 2017, UW–Madison will roll out a new Box web experience to faculty, staff, and students. The new web experience will feature a streamlined and intuitive layout to promote productivity and collaboration.
- Security changes coming to UW-Madison Box accounts on June 21, 2017 Jun 28, 2017, 10:33 AM CDT
Effective June 21, 2017, UW-Madison Box accounts will receive the following two security changes:
- NetID Deactivation - Summer 2017 Jul 7, 2017, 2:23 PM CDT
This news article details the Summer 2017 NetID Deactivation process.
- G Suite users targeted by widespread phishing attempt Jun 12, 2017, 1:37 PM CDT
On Wednesday, May 3rd, a widespread phishing attack targeted G Suite users to obtain access to Gmail, Contacts, and Docs.
- WiscVPN Client Transition Jul 14, 2017, 12:05 PM CDT
The WiscVPN service is transitioning from the Cisco AnyConnect Client to the Palo Alto GlobalProtect client. How you access WiscVPN during the transition will depend on your device and whether you need a static IP address.
- Instructors: Access to Summer and Fall Courses in Desire2Learn Aug 10, 2017, 5:06 PM CDT
Summer 2017 and Fall 2017-18 timetable courses are available in Desire2Learn for instructors and instructional support staff.
- Instructors: Access to Summer and Fall Courses in Canvas Mar 9, 2017, 11:31 AM CDT
Summer 2017 and Fall 2017-18 timetable courses are available in Canvas for instructors and instructional support staff.
- Office 365 - Working with cloud service vendors Apr 21, 2017, 9:48 AM CDT
Vendors of cloud services often make changes to their services without providing significant advance notice. It’s important for the UW tech support and end users to realize the ways that changes to Office 365 can occur. Read more for additional information.