Get help from the DoIT Help Desk
- Canvas - Course Summary and Course Syllabus (AEFIS) Will Replace Syllabus May 1, 2019, 11:39 AM CDT
On May 20, 2019, two new Navigation Links will be coming to UW-Madison's Canvas courses: Course Syllabus (AEFIS) and Course Summary. These links will replace the current Syllabus link, which will be permanently removed. These are UW-Madison custom links, so you will not find information about them on the Canvas Community
- Google Groups settings to be merged or removed Apr 17, 2019, 5:54 PM CDT
Effective May 2019, the Settings section of Google Groups will be changing to make it easier to manage groups. Settings with similar functionality will be combined. And some settings that are rarely used will be removed. The following changes may affect existing groups and newly created groups...
- Kaltura - Transition from CaptureSpace to Kaltura Capture: Kaltura Capture now available to UW-Madison May 2, 2019, 9:39 AM CDT
UW-Madison is transitioning from Kaltura CaptureSpace to Kaltura's new screen capture tool, Kaltura Capture.
- Kaltura REACH Captioning Not Currently Available Apr 11, 2019, 9:50 AM CDT
The Learn@UW Madison team is currently testing the Kaltura REACH ASR Machine Captioning functionality for Kaltura MediaSpace and Canvas integrations through an approved closed Pilot approved by the Learn@UW-Madison Executive Committee.
- Qualtrics Mailer app no longer able to send surveys from @wisc.edu address Feb 20, 2019, 10:04 AM CDT
Effective March 1, 2019, individuals who use the Qualtrics Mailer application to send surveys will not be able to use an @wisc.edu email address in the custom From Address field. This change will not impact the ability to change the From Name or the Reply-to Email address when sending surveys.
- Box discontinuing support for WebDAV on January 31, 2019 Jan 9, 2019, 4:05 PM CDT
On January 31, 2019, Box will deprecate support for WebDAV. Individuals connecting to Box using a WebDAV client, will see connection errors and will no longer be able to view or access their content on Box through the WebDAV client.
- Learn how DMARC will affect UW-Madison email marketing campaigns Jan 31, 2019, 3:15 PM CDT
The UW-Madison Office 365 team, in collaboration with the Office of Cybersecurity, will rollout Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance (DMARC) to campus to help protect your email marketing campaigns and your recipients from spam, spoofing, and phishing in July 2019. You are encouraged to proactively implement DMARC policy for your department’s subdomain before this date. Learn more about the UW-Madison DMARC project.
- Known Issue: Google Drive File Stream incompatible with macOS 10.14 (Mojave) Oct 29, 2018, 6:48 PM CDT
Google Drive File Stream is encountering syncing/loading issues on macOS computers that update to 10.14 (Mojave).
- Box no longer supporting iOS 10 this fall Sep 5, 2018, 4:21 PM CDT
Box recently announced they will discontinue support for devices using iOS 10 once Apple releases iOS 12 this fall. At this time the latest version of the Box app on iOS 10 is still functional.
- Update: Box blocking traffic from outdated Box desktop clients starting May 13, 2019 Apr 19, 2019, 11:52 AM CDT
Effective May 13, 2019, Box will block traffic coming from outdated versions of Box desktop clients that still uses TLS 1.0, such as Box Drive, Box Sync, Box Tools, and Box for Office.