Get help from the DoIT Help Desk
Help Desk Phone Information
If no content is displayed below the horizontal line, make sure you are on the campus network (or connected through WiscVPN) and see Help Desk ACD - Install and Enable Silverlight for Viewing Snapshot Data for instructions on how to enable Silverlight for this page.
- Blackboard Collaborate: New Version of Collaborate Launcher (Mac) Aug 17, 2015, 9:11 AM CDT
Blackboard released a new version of the Collaborate Launcher for the Mac (v 1.4). This update is purported to address a Java error experienced by Mac users. The update process is relatively simple, as described in this linked document.
- iTunes U for Courses Retirement Aug 11, 2015, 12:12 PM CDT
- Final Office 365 transition timeline set Jul 20, 2015, 2:45 PM CDT
The timeline for the retirement of WiscMail / WiscMail Plus / WiscCal has been finalized. All WiscMail (@wisc.edu) accounts will be migrated to Office 365 by October 14. All WiscMail Plus accounts will be migrated by November 14. The complete timeline is available here.
- Faculty/staff can self-migrate to Office 365 starting June 1 (Updated 8/10) Aug 10, 2015, 3:32 PM CDT
UW-Madison faculty and staff will be able to start their own migrations to Office 365 beginning on Monday, June 1, unless they are part of an organization with a Migration Partner who is coordinating a later transition.
- Instructors: Access to Summer and Fall Courses in Desire2Learn Apr 1, 2015, 12:56 PM CDT
Summer 2015 and Fall 2015-16 timetable courses are available in Desire2Learn for instructors and instructional support staff.
- DMC is Permanently Closed May 22, 2015, 4:55 PM CDT
This is a notification of the Digital Media Center's closing.
- UW-Madison sees an increase in phishing attempts Apr 10, 2015, 11:43 AM CDT
Recently, UW-Madison has seen an increase in attempts to obtain NetID and password credentials from UW-Madison students, faculty, and staff via email. To avoid falling victim to a phishing scam, never respond to an email that asks for your password, and only enter your NetID and password if you recognize the campus NetID login screen.
- Streaming Media Service Ended on June 30, 2015 Jul 1, 2015, 9:53 AM CDT
The Streaming Media Service is ended on June 30, 2015. DoIT discontinued the service because there are other viable solutions available. Service users were transitioned to alternative options over the past year. Please contact the DoIT Help Desk if you have any questions or need further assistance.