Get help from the DoIT Help Desk
Help Desk Phone Information
- [ALERT] Recent Scam Email: Do Not Click Feb 2, 2016, 10:11 AM CST
A phishing email was recently sent out to some or all of campus that is disguised as a warning pertaining to a James Madison University email account. If you receive this email, delete it immediately and do not click on any of the links. Please continue reading for more information.
- CaptureSpace Lite is Here! Jan 29, 2016, 12:08 PM CST
- Learn@UW/D2L - Issue viewing files with Document Viewer (Update: 2/3/16) Feb 3, 2016, 1:23 PM CST
UPDATE (2/3/16):The action taken on Tuesday, February 2, 2016, did not resolve the outstanding issue. The investigation continues with assistance of the vendor as a high priority issue. We will update this announcement with additional details as developments occur.
UPDATE (2/2/16):The effort to resolve this issue continues. The vendor recommended a course of action, which has the potential to delay access to viewing a file using the Document Viewer. This behavior may occur after 10 am on Tuesday, February 2, 2016.
Some Learn@UW/D2L users are unable to access specific files in the Document Viewer in the Content and Dropbox tools, which was first reported on Thursday, January 21. Users experiencing this problem will receive the error message, "There was an error converting this document. Some or all of it may not be displayed."Workaround: those affected by this issue can access the affected documents by downloading them (selecting the "Download" option that appears below the window displaying the error message or clicking the down arrow on the right side of the document viewer frame).
- Known Issue: Trim and Clip Feature Not Working on Longer Videos Jan 21, 2016, 4:20 PM CST
The trim and clip features do not work on longer videos (1+ hours). MediaSpace simply gets stuck on the "You Media is Processing Screen" when attempting to trim/clip longer videos. The trim/clip feature does still work with shorter videos (around 5 to 10 minutes).
- Podcasting via Kaltura MediaSpace Now Available Jan 20, 2016, 3:09 PM CST
Users can now turn their Kaltura MediaSpace Channels into podcasts.
- MediaSpace Current and Coming Changes Spring 2016 Jan 20, 2016, 2:13 PM CST
MediaSpace has undergone is still undergoing changes for the start of the Spring 2016 semester.
- DMC is Permanently Closed May 22, 2015, 3:55 PM CST
This is a notification of the Digital Media Center's closing.
- UW-Madison sees an increase in phishing attempts Apr 10, 2015, 10:43 AM CST
Recently, UW-Madison has seen an increase in attempts to obtain NetID and password credentials from UW-Madison students, faculty, and staff via email. To avoid falling victim to a phishing scam, never respond to an email that asks for your password, and only enter your NetID and password if you recognize the campus NetID login screen.