Get help from the DoIT Help Desk
Help Desk Phone Information
- DoIT Help Desk to Provide Canvas Support Jun 27, 2017, 2:45 PM CDT
Starting July 1, 2017, the DoIT Help Desk will begin offering full support for Canvas in place of Instructure. The Help Desk will continue to provide similar high-quality, flexible support, which will compliment the various other in-person and online training resources that are also available on campus.
- New Box web experience coming to UW–Madison August 2017 Jun 26, 2017, 5:12 PM CDT
On August 14, 2017, UW–Madison will roll out a new Box web experience to faculty, staff, and students. The new web experience will feature a streamlined and intuitive layout to promote productivity and collaboration.
- Blackboard Phishing Alert Jun 26, 2017, 10:19 AM CDT
There is a phish attempt that references a Blackboard service. The phish is delivered via email asking the recipient to click a link to read messages from Blackboard admins. The user is taken to a fake site and prompted for information and asked to login. Recipients should delete this phish email immediately.
- Security changes coming to UW-Madison Box accounts on June 21, 2017 Jun 28, 2017, 10:33 AM CDT
Effective June 21, 2017, UW-Madison Box accounts will receive the following two security changes:
- NetID Deactivation - Summer 2017 Jun 12, 2017, 4:38 PM CDT
This news article details the Summer 2017 NetID Deactivation process.
- Microsoft replacing Clutter with Focused Inbox May 11, 2017, 3:32 PM CDT
Microsoft is replacing Clutter with Focused Inbox, an email management feature, over the next several weeks. Focused Inbox seeks to improve your experience in managing email effectively compared to Clutter.
- G Suite users targeted by widespread phishing attempt Jun 12, 2017, 1:37 PM CDT
On Wednesday, May 3rd, a widespread phishing attack targeted G Suite users to obtain access to Gmail, Contacts, and Docs.
- WiscVPN Client Transition Jun 14, 2017, 5:11 PM CDT
This summer, the WiscVPN service is transitioning from the Cisco AnyConnect Client to the Palo Alto GlobalProtect client. This document discusses which client to use under given circumstances.
- Instructors: Access to Summer and Fall Courses in Desire2Learn Mar 29, 2017, 6:45 AM CDT
Summer 2017 and Fall 2017-18 timetable courses are available in Desire2Learn for instructors and instructional support staff.
- Instructors: Access to Summer and Fall Courses in Canvas Mar 9, 2017, 11:31 AM CDT
Summer 2017 and Fall 2017-18 timetable courses are available in Canvas for instructors and instructional support staff.