Get help from the DoIT Help Desk
- Kaltura video quizzes do not report grades to Canvas gradebook for some students Jul 18, 2019, 2:33 PM CDT
Kaltura interactive video quizzes (IVQs) which are configured as a Canvas assignment sometimes do not send a grade to the Canvas gradebook for some students.
- Issues with "Grades Unavailable" Message [UPDATED] Jul 18, 2019, 4:28 PM CDT
Instructors may be seeing a message that says "Grades are unavailable because the instructor is working on them" when trying to grade in certain areas, such as the Submission Details page.
- Canvas Media Maintenance (7/26-7/27) Jul 17, 2019, 11:46 AM CDT
Instructure will be performing maintenance on our Canvas instance on Friday, July 26th. It will start at 11:00 PM CDT (4:00 AM UTC), and they anticipate this event will last up to 6 hours.
- Hidden Grade Columns Bug within "New Gradebook" Tool Jul 19, 2019, 2:32 PM CDT
Instructure has confirmed a bug with the beta tool "New Gradebook" that was introduced during their latest release. If you are using this optional course feature, you may see issues with grade columns that are hidden to students by default. Instructure has posted the following advisory:
- Course Dashboard Being Decommissioned as of July 30, 2019 Jul 16, 2019, 10:17 AM CDT
The Course Dashboard (coursedashboard.learnuw.wisc.edu), which provides a consolidated list of all online courses that use the Canvas online platform, will be turned off on July 30, 2019.
- WiscList Retirement Jul 16, 2019, 12:05 PM CDT
The existing WiscList service will be decommissioned on 12/31/19. As a replacement for the standard lists, we are recommending O365 groups or Google Groups. To determine which option will best meet your needs, please see https://kb.wisc.edu/91721. We would like to encourage you to use these options for your new lists. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions. Plans for data driven lists(AdvisorList, ClassList, Custom, List Library) is still being finalized.
- Google Voice no longer free for UW-Madison G Suite customers May 22, 2019, 3:25 PM CDT
Beginning March 2019, Google changed its terms of service for its Google Voice service to no longer allow G Suite for Education users to create a free phone number using their education email address.
- Google Groups settings to be merged or removed Apr 17, 2019, 5:54 PM CDT
Effective May 2019, the Settings section of Google Groups will be changing to make it easier to manage groups. Settings with similar functionality will be combined. And some settings that are rarely used will be removed. The following changes may affect existing groups and newly created groups...
- Kaltura - Transition from CaptureSpace to Kaltura Capture: Kaltura Capture now available to UW-Madison Jun 15, 2019, 9:30 AM CDT
UW-Madison is transitioning from Kaltura CaptureSpace to Kaltura's new screen capture tool, Kaltura Capture.
- Kaltura REACH Captioning Not Currently Available Apr 11, 2019, 9:50 AM CDT
The Learn@UW Madison team is currently testing the Kaltura REACH ASR Machine Captioning functionality for Kaltura MediaSpace and Canvas integrations through an approved closed Pilot approved by the Learn@UW-Madison Executive Committee.