- ECMS Imaging Service to Unavailable during Patching starting at 6 PM on Thursday (08/11/2022) through Friday Morning Aug 10, 2022, 3:05 PM CDT
The ECMS imaging service will be undergoing patching starting at 6 PM on Thursday through 11 AM on Friday (08/12/2022). Both online and client access availability will be affected.
- New Minimum Zoom Version Requirement Effective August 29, 2022 Aug 10, 2022, 11:45 AM CDT
Effective August 29, 2022, the minimum version requirement for the Zoom computer and mobile application will be updated from 5.10.0 to 5.11.3. All UW-Madison Zoom accounts and individuals attending UW-Madison Zoom hosted meetings will be required to use version 5.11.3 or later.
- Training: Zoom and Web Conferencing Inside and Outside Your Canvas Course Aug 9, 2022, 1:58 PM CDT
This 30-minute session provides a quick overview of best practices and sound pedagogy when employing web conferencing tools during remote instruction.
- Zoom no longer supports computer/mobile app versions older than 5.3.0 starting 08/06/22 Aug 4, 2022, 10:53 PM CDT
On August 6, 2022, Zoom will retire significantly older computer Zoom application versions, Zoom Rooms, Zoom Phone, Virtual Room Connector, SDK, and VDI to address a security vulnerability.
- Google is streamlining your folder/file structure with shortcuts starting Summer 2022 Jul 18, 2022, 10:59 AM CDT
Starting Summer 2022, Google will automatically update files owned by multiple parent folders with shortcuts. Individuals who used the “Add to my Drive” action to create a copy of a file to another parent folder will notice the copy will be replaced with a shortcut. The original file and its original parent folder will not be changed. The purpose of this update is to optimize storage usage and streamline file management.