Get help from the DoIT Help Desk
- Faculty/staff can self-migrate to Office 365 starting June 1 May 28, 2015, 11:43 AM CDT
UW-Madison faculty and staff will be able to start their own migrations to Office 365 beginning on Monday, June 1, unless they are part of an organization with a Migration Partner who is coordinating a later transition.
- Preferred Name and Display Name in Office 365 & WiscMail / WiscCal (Updated) May 5, 2015, 10:00 AM CDT
Starting on May 29, Preferred Name will be synced with email and calendar display name in Office 365 and WiscMail / WiscCal. Some affected individuals will receive communications notifying them of the upcoming change beginning the week of May 4. Read more to find out exactly what changes will take place.
- Desire2Learn (Learn@UW) - Instructors: Final Grading Apr 29, 2015, 9:42 AM CDT
The final grading period for Spring 2015 runs from May 8-22. Calculating final grades can be tricky, but here are a few instructions that might help.
- Instructors: Access to Summer and Fall Courses in Desire2Learn Apr 1, 2015, 12:56 PM CDT
Summer 2015 and Fall 2015-16 timetable courses are available in Desire2Learn for instructors and instructional support staff.
- DMC is Permanently Closed May 22, 2015, 4:55 PM CDT
This is a notification of the Digital Media Center's closing.
- WiscMail / WiscMail Plus and WiscCal will retire on 12/31/2015 May 6, 2015, 12:21 PM CDT
The planned end-of-life date for WiscMail / WiscMail Plus and WiscCal is December 31, 2015. All accounts will need to be moved to Office 365 by this date.
- Superfish spyware affecting Lenovo computers May 7, 2015, 3:15 PM CDT
This document is an overview of the Superfish adware that has come preinstalled on some Lenovo notebooks. If you think you may be affected, follow the removal instructions below.
- UW-Madison sees an increase in phishing attempts Apr 10, 2015, 11:43 AM CDT
Recently, UW-Madison has seen an increase in attempts to obtain NetID and password credentials from UW-Madison students, faculty, and staff via email. To avoid falling victim to a phishing scam, never respond to an email that asks for your password, and only enter your NetID and password if you recognize the campus NetID login screen.
- Streaming Media Service Scheduled to End on June 30, 2015 Mar 23, 2015, 2:12 PM CDT
The Streaming Media Service is scheduled to end on June 30, 2015. DoIT is discontinuing the service because there are other viable solutions available. Announcements will be sent to current service users from now until the service end date. Click on the news title for more information.