Get help from the DoIT Help Desk
Help Desk Phone Information
- October 31, 2017 - Microsoft ends support for RPC over HTTP protocol Oct 18, 2017, 10:17 AM CDT
Microsoft is ending support for the RPC over HTTP protocol beginning October 31, 2017.
- Change to East Campus Mall Hours Oct 16, 2017, 3:13 PM CDT
The DoIT Tech Store at East Campus Mall will be closing at 6:00PM on week days effective immediately.
- Canvas - Scantron Integration Now Avaible Oct 2, 2017, 11:18 AM CDT
Testing and Evaluation Services now support Scantron integration for Canvas
- Email Phishing Warning Sep 29, 2017, 2:42 PM CDT
"Your Email Has Exceeded Quota Limit" warning.
Learn more about this phishing attempt to gain access to your UW-Madison credentials.
- Update: Personal Box accounts moving to UW-Madison Box environment on 10/9/17 Oct 10, 2017, 2:03 PM CDT
Effective October 9, 2017, all NetID@wisc.edu personal Box accounts will be migrated to the UW-Madison Box environment.
- DoIT Help Desk to Provide Canvas Support Jun 30, 2017, 4:00 PM CDT
Starting July 1, 2017, the DoIT Help Desk will begin offering full support for Canvas in place of Instructure. The Help Desk will continue to provide similar high-quality, flexible support, which will compliment the various other in-person and online training resources that are also available on campus.
- Security changes coming to UW-Madison Box accounts on June 21, 2017 Jun 28, 2017, 10:33 AM CDT
Effective June 21, 2017, UW-Madison Box accounts will receive the following two security changes:
- G Suite users targeted by widespread phishing attempt Jun 12, 2017, 1:37 PM CDT
On Wednesday, May 3rd, a widespread phishing attack targeted G Suite users to obtain access to Gmail, Contacts, and Docs.
- WiscVPN Client Transition Jul 14, 2017, 12:05 PM CDT
The WiscVPN service is transitioning from the Cisco AnyConnect Client to the Palo Alto GlobalProtect client. How you access WiscVPN during the transition will depend on your device and whether you need a static IP address.
- Office 365 - Working with cloud service vendors Apr 21, 2017, 9:48 AM CDT
Vendors of cloud services often make changes to their services without providing significant advance notice. It’s important for the UW tech support and end users to realize the ways that changes to Office 365 can occur. Read more for additional information.