Get help from the DoIT Help Desk
Help Desk Phone Information
- Help Desk Thanksgiving Hours Nov 20, 2015, 2:24 PM CST
The hours the DoIT Help Desk (phones, chat, email) will be open over Thanksgiving (Thursday, November 26 through Sunday, November 29, 2015) are as follows:
- Desire2Learn (Learn@UW) - Instructors: Access to Winter and Spring Courses Nov 23, 2015, 3:18 PM CST
Winter and Spring timetable courses will be available for instructors and instructional support staff on November 25.
- ISSUE: Videos Inserted in D2L via MediaSpace Embed Code Cannot Go Fullscreen Sep 30, 2015, 2:56 PM CST
Users are reporting an issue with videos placed in D2L using the MediaSpace embed code option. D2L does not allow the video to be played back in full screen.
- Kaltura Screen Recorder Incompatibility Sep 15, 2015, 7:54 AM CST
The new version of the Chrome browser and Microsoft’s recent release of the Edge browser do not support Java plugins. Due to this recent change, Kaltura distributed a communication to inform their clients that the Kaltura Screen Recorder (KSR) will not be supported in the following browsers due to the Java dependency:
- * Google Chrome; Version 45 & up
- * Microsoft Edge; All Versions
Customers are advised to use one of the following browsers to avoid the loss of KSR functionality:
- * Firefox
- * Safari
- * Internet Explorer
- Final Office 365 transition timeline set Jul 20, 2015, 1:45 PM CST
The timeline for the retirement of WiscMail / WiscMail Plus / WiscCal has been finalized. All WiscMail (@wisc.edu) accounts will be migrated to Office 365 by October 14. All WiscMail Plus accounts will be migrated by November 14. The complete timeline is available here.
- DMC is Permanently Closed May 22, 2015, 3:55 PM CST
This is a notification of the Digital Media Center's closing.
- UW-Madison sees an increase in phishing attempts Apr 10, 2015, 10:43 AM CST
Recently, UW-Madison has seen an increase in attempts to obtain NetID and password credentials from UW-Madison students, faculty, and staff via email. To avoid falling victim to a phishing scam, never respond to an email that asks for your password, and only enter your NetID and password if you recognize the campus NetID login screen.