Get help from the DoIT Help Desk
- Blackboard Collaborate: Service Issue (4/17/15) Apr 17, 2015, 1:47 PM CDT
UPDATE:The vendor reports that all services have been restored as of 1:43 p.m.The vendor, Blackboard, reported an issue with the service as of 12:32 p.m. on Friday, April 17, 2015. Users would have received the error, "unable to contact authentication server," when attempting to launch a session.
- Learn@UW - Content video too small to view (Madison only) Apr 17, 2015, 10:19 AM CDT
There is currently a reported bug that might cause issues for embedded videos in your course.
- Instructors: Access to Summer and Fall Courses in Desire2Learn Apr 1, 2015, 12:56 PM CDT
Summer 2015 and Fall 2015-16 timetable courses are available in Desire2Learn for instructors and instructional support staff.
- DMC is Closing Mar 31, 2015, 10:43 AM CDT
This is a notification of the Digital Media Center's closing.
- UW-Madison Kaltura Mediaspace NEW FEATURE: Collaborators Mar 27, 2015, 5:43 PM CDT
An often-requested feature has been added to Kaltura Mediaspace.
- Login process for the Wisc Account Admin site changes on 4/7 Mar 26, 2015, 2:49 PM CDT
- WiscMail / WiscMail Plus will retire on 12/31/2015 Mar 18, 2015, 4:37 PM CDT
The planned end-of-life date for WiscMail and WiscMail Plus is December 31, 2015. All WiscMail and WiscMail Plus accounts will need to be moved to Office 365 by this date.
- Faculty/staff migrations to Office 365 Mar 18, 2015, 4:38 PM CDT
Starting in June, UW-Madison faculty and staff will have the opportunity to self-migrate to Office 365.
- Office 365 - Outlook for Mac Mar 17, 2015, 9:19 AM CDT
Outlook has pulled back the release of Office 2015 for Mac until late this year to early next year. Instead, they are releasing a preview of what they are now referring to as Office 2016 for Mac, which has been confirmed to work with Office 365. However, there are some things to note about this preview.
- UW-Madison sees an increase in phishing attempts Apr 10, 2015, 11:43 AM CDT
Recently, UW-Madison has seen an increase in attempts to obtain NetID and password credentials from UW-Madison students, faculty, and staff via email. To avoid falling victim to a phishing scam, never respond to an email that asks for your password, and only enter your NetID and password if you recognize the campus NetID login screen.