Get help from the DoIT Help Desk
Help Desk Phone Information
- Some individuals running iOS11 cannot send email using Mail.app Sep 22, 2017, 9:25 AM CDT
Mail.app is not working with some Outlook and Office 365 accounts.
- Personal Box accounts moving to UW-Madison Box environment on 10/9/17 Sep 19, 2017, 1:52 PM CDT
Effective October 9, 2017, all NetID@wisc.edu personal Box accounts will be migrated to the UW-Madison Box environment.
- Canvas - Notifications Sender Name Changing Sep 15, 2017, 9:05 AM CDT
After 9/16/2017, when users view course notifications in their email, all notifications are sent from the course name.
- Canvas - Scheduler Workflow Update Sep 7, 2017, 12:15 PM CDT
Instructure has updated the Scheduler appointment group functionality, consolidating the button with Add Event.
- DoIT Help Desk to Provide Canvas Support Jun 30, 2017, 4:00 PM CDT
Starting July 1, 2017, the DoIT Help Desk will begin offering full support for Canvas in place of Instructure. The Help Desk will continue to provide similar high-quality, flexible support, which will compliment the various other in-person and online training resources that are also available on campus.
- New Box web experience coming to UW–Madison August 2017 Aug 9, 2017, 2:05 PM CDT
On August 14, 2017, UW–Madison will roll out a new Box web experience to faculty, staff, and students. The new web experience will feature a streamlined and intuitive layout to promote productivity and collaboration.
- Security changes coming to UW-Madison Box accounts on June 21, 2017 Jun 28, 2017, 10:33 AM CDT
Effective June 21, 2017, UW-Madison Box accounts will receive the following two security changes:
- NetID Deactivation - Summer 2017 Jul 7, 2017, 2:23 PM CDT
This news article details the Summer 2017 NetID Deactivation process.
- G Suite users targeted by widespread phishing attempt Jun 12, 2017, 1:37 PM CDT
On Wednesday, May 3rd, a widespread phishing attack targeted G Suite users to obtain access to Gmail, Contacts, and Docs.
- WiscVPN Client Transition Jul 14, 2017, 12:05 PM CDT
The WiscVPN service is transitioning from the Cisco AnyConnect Client to the Palo Alto GlobalProtect client. How you access WiscVPN during the transition will depend on your device and whether you need a static IP address.