Get help from the DoIT Help Desk
Help Desk Phone Information
- Never lose access to shared Google files again with Team Drives Apr 26, 2017, 1:02 PM CDT
Have you ever lost access to a Google doc because the owner left the UW without transferring ownership to someone on your team? It will never happen again if you use Team Drives!
- Canvas - Import/Export Slowness Apr 24, 2017, 10:43 AM CDT
Some users are experiencing slow response times when importing and exporting content from Canvas.
- Instructors: Access to Summer and Fall Courses in Desire2Learn Mar 29, 2017, 6:45 AM CDT
Summer 2017 and Fall 2017-18 timetable courses are available in Desire2Learn for instructors and instructional support staff.
- Canvas - Google authorization fails in Chrome Feb 20, 2017, 11:12 AM CDT
Users with multiple google accounts may experience difficulties when authorizing Google Apps in Canvas.
- Instructors: Access to Summer and Fall Courses in Canvas Mar 9, 2017, 11:31 AM CDT
Summer 2017 and Fall 2017-18 timetable courses are available in Canvas for instructors and instructional support staff.
- Box to End Support for Internet Explorer 9 and 10 Apr 25, 2017, 2:44 PM CDT
Box will start blocking access from Internet Explorer 9 and 10 on May 1, 2017. Box has discontinued support for Internet Explorer 9 and 10 as of September 26, 2016. Please continue reading for information on why support is ending, as well as alternatives for accessing Box.
- Office 365 - Working with cloud service vendors Apr 21, 2017, 9:48 AM CDT
Vendors of cloud services often make changes to their services without providing significant advance notice. It’s important for the UW tech support and end users to realize the ways that changes to Office 365 can occur. Read more for additional information.
- UW-Madison sees an increase in phishing attempts Apr 21, 2017, 9:48 AM CDT
Recently, UW-Madison has seen an increase in attempts to obtain NetID and password credentials from UW-Madison students, faculty, and staff via email. To avoid falling victim to a phishing scam, never respond to an email that asks for your password, and only enter your NetID and password if you recognize the campus NetID login screen.