Get help from the DoIT Help Desk
- Spring 2019 Cross-Listed Canvas Courses Dec 12, 2018, 3:49 PM CST
Courses that are designated as cross-listed, or "meets with", are not being combined properly within Canvas. Technologists are currently investigating the integration between Canvas and UW-Madison's SIS to determine the issue's cause.
- Kaltura: Scheduled Infrastructure Maintenance (12/20-12/25) Dec 12, 2018, 8:52 AM CST
The vendor, Kaltura, plans to perform scheduled maintenance to improve and extend network capacity starting at 10:00 p.m. on Thursday, December 20, through 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, December 25, 2018. All traffic will be rerouted to a redundant data center during this timeframe. A brief interruption in the live streaming service is expected to occur when the traffic is switched.
- Learn how DMARC will affect UW-Madison email marketing campaigns Dec 10, 2018, 2:36 PM CST
The UW-Madison Office 365 team, in collaboration with the Office of Cybersecurity, will rollout Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance (DMARC) to campus to help protect your email marketing campaigns and your recipients from spam, spoofing, and phishing in July 2019. You are encouraged to proactively implement DMARC policy for your department’s subdomain before this date. Learn more about the UW-Madison DMARC project.
- Blackboard Collaborate Ultra: December Update (12/20/18) Dec 12, 2018, 1:45 PM CST
Blackboard plans to deploy a maintenance release to Collaborate Ultra from 1:00 a.m. to 5:00 a.m. on Thursday, December 20, 2018, during which the service may be intermittently disrupted. This release includes fixes to known issues to improve the user experience and no new features will be deployed.
- Known Issue: Google Drive File Stream incompatible with macOS 10.14 (Mojave) Oct 29, 2018, 5:48 PM CST
Google Drive File Stream is encountering syncing/loading issues on macOS computers that update to 10.14 (Mojave).
- Box no longer supporting iOS 10 this fall Sep 5, 2018, 3:21 PM CST
Box recently announced they will discontinue support for devices using iOS 10 once Apple releases iOS 12 this fall. At this time the latest version of the Box app on iOS 10 is still functional.
- Canvas - Quizzes.Next Status at UW-Madison Sep 4, 2018, 3:47 PM CST
Quizzes.Next is not currently available in UW-Madison's production instance of Canvas.
- Update: Box ending support for TLS 1.0 on June 25 delayed Oct 29, 2018, 5:56 PM CST
Individuals who have recently accessed Box with an application that uses TLS 1.0 will receive a notification from the vendor directing the user to update their application before November 12, 2018.
- Spring 2018 Box Feature Deprecations Jun 11, 2018, 11:30 AM CST
Box is constantly working to improve the user experience on Box, and sometimes that means removing functionality to make room for an even better product.
Please review the features below that will retire in the coming months.
- New SMTP Relay support for AWS and Email List and Marketing Best Practices May 10, 2018, 8:37 AM CST
office 365 email smtp aws email list marketing communications dmarc security secure