Get help from the DoIT Help Desk
- New feature for Office 365 users who forward: daily summary of spam messages Jul 27, 2015, 11:25 AM CDT
When an Office 365 user forwards their email to a different account (e.g., Gmail, Outlook.com, etc.), spam messages are not forwarded. This could result in the individual missing messages that were incorrectly labelled as spam. Beginning 7/28, individuals who forward will receive a daily email summarizing the junk messages they received during the previous day.
- Final Office 365 transition timeline set Jul 20, 2015, 2:45 PM CDT
The timeline for the retirement of WiscMail / WiscMail Plus / WiscCal has been finalized. All WiscMail (@wisc.edu) accounts will be migrated to Office 365 by October 14. All WiscMail Plus accounts will be migrated by November 14. The complete timeline is available here.
- New account creation for WiscMail Plus / WiscCal disabled July 14 Jul 13, 2015, 12:55 PM CDT
Due to the pending move of all WiscMail/WiscCal accounts to Office 365, the ability to create WiscMail Plus accounts and WiscCal resources will be disabled beginning on July 14.
- ISSUE: Kaltura MediaSpace does not dynamically adjust the quality of the video in full screen playback Jun 15, 2015, 1:58 PM CDT
Some users report an issue with Kaltura MediaSpace's players not dynamically increasing the quality of the video when played back in full screen. Upon clicking the fullscreen button, the player should adjust the quality of the video based on the resolution of your screen, but it does not.
- Faculty/staff can self-migrate to Office 365 starting June 1 (Updated) Jul 24, 2015, 1:24 PM CDT
UW-Madison faculty and staff will be able to start their own migrations to Office 365 beginning on Monday, June 1, unless they are part of an organization with a Migration Partner who is coordinating a later transition.
- Instructors: Access to Summer and Fall Courses in Desire2Learn Apr 1, 2015, 12:56 PM CDT
Summer 2015 and Fall 2015-16 timetable courses are available in Desire2Learn for instructors and instructional support staff.
- DMC is Permanently Closed May 22, 2015, 4:55 PM CDT
This is a notification of the Digital Media Center's closing.
- UW-Madison sees an increase in phishing attempts Apr 10, 2015, 11:43 AM CDT
Recently, UW-Madison has seen an increase in attempts to obtain NetID and password credentials from UW-Madison students, faculty, and staff via email. To avoid falling victim to a phishing scam, never respond to an email that asks for your password, and only enter your NetID and password if you recognize the campus NetID login screen.
- Streaming Media Service Ended on June 30, 2015 Jul 1, 2015, 9:53 AM CDT
The Streaming Media Service is ended on June 30, 2015. DoIT discontinued the service because there are other viable solutions available. Service users were transitioned to alternative options over the past year. Please contact the DoIT Help Desk if you have any questions or need further assistance.