Get help from the DoIT Help Desk
- Bascom Platinum Windows Login Changes Apr 20, 2015, 10:22 AM CDT
In an effort to further simplify the login process for our customers, Departmental Support will be changing the Windows default login domain from LOGIN.WISC.EDU to AD.WISC.EDU on Tuesday, April 21st. The circumstances that originally required LOGIN.WISC.EDU to be used no longer exist, and this change is part of an overall effort to eventually decommission the LOGIN.WISC.EDU domain.
- Learn@UW - Content video too small to view (Madison only) Apr 17, 2015, 10:19 AM CDT
There is currently a reported bug that might cause issues for embedded videos in your course.
- Instructors: Access to Summer and Fall Courses in Desire2Learn Apr 1, 2015, 12:56 PM CDT
Summer 2015 and Fall 2015-16 timetable courses are available in Desire2Learn for instructors and instructional support staff.
- DMC is Closing Mar 31, 2015, 10:43 AM CDT
This is a notification of the Digital Media Center's closing.
- UW-Madison Kaltura Mediaspace NEW FEATURE: Collaborators Mar 27, 2015, 5:43 PM CDT
An often-requested feature has been added to Kaltura Mediaspace.
- WiscMail / WiscMail Plus will retire on 12/31/2015 Mar 18, 2015, 4:37 PM CDT
The planned end-of-life date for WiscMail and WiscMail Plus is December 31, 2015. All WiscMail and WiscMail Plus accounts will need to be moved to Office 365 by this date.
- Faculty/staff migrations to Office 365 Mar 18, 2015, 4:38 PM CDT
Starting in June, UW-Madison faculty and staff will have the opportunity to self-migrate to Office 365.
- Office 365 - Outlook for Mac Mar 17, 2015, 9:19 AM CDT
Outlook has pulled back the release of Office 2015 for Mac until late this year to early next year. Instead, they are releasing a preview of what they are now referring to as Office 2016 for Mac, which has been confirmed to work with Office 365. However, there are some things to note about this preview.
- UW-Madison sees an increase in phishing attempts Apr 10, 2015, 11:43 AM CDT
Recently, UW-Madison has seen an increase in attempts to obtain NetID and password credentials from UW-Madison students, faculty, and staff via email. To avoid falling victim to a phishing scam, never respond to an email that asks for your password, and only enter your NetID and password if you recognize the campus NetID login screen.
- Streaming Media Service Scheduled to End on June 30, 2015 Mar 23, 2015, 2:12 PM CDT
The Streaming Media Service is scheduled to end on June 30, 2015. DoIT is discontinuing the service because there are other viable solutions available. Announcements will be sent to current service users from now until the service end date. Click on the news title for more information.