Get help from the DoIT Help Desk
Help Desk Phone Information
- Outage of Kaltura Videos [Resolved] Oct 8, 2015, 11:55 AM CDT
There was a temporary outage reported this afternoon at around 2:00 PM. The issue should now be resolved.
- ISSUE: Webcam recorder produces bad audio Sep 30, 2015, 3:56 PM CDT
The Flash-based webcam recorder built into Kaltura MediaSpace produces bad audio.
- ISSUE: Videos Inserted in D2L via MediaSpace Embed Code Cannot Go Fullscreen Sep 30, 2015, 3:56 PM CDT
Users are reporting an issue with videos placed in D2L using the MediaSpace embed code option. D2L does not allow the video to be played back in full screen.
- Kaltura Screen Recorder Incompatibility Sep 15, 2015, 8:54 AM CDT
The new version of the Chrome browser and Microsoft’s recent release of the Edge browser do not support Java plugins. Due to this recent change, Kaltura distributed a communication to inform their clients that the Kaltura Screen Recorder (KSR) will not be supported in the following browsers due to the Java dependency:
- * Google Chrome; Version 45 & up
- * Microsoft Edge; All Versions
Customers are advised to use one of the following browsers to avoid the loss of KSR functionality:
- * Firefox
- * Safari
- * Internet Explorer
- Final Office 365 transition timeline set Jul 20, 2015, 2:45 PM CDT
The timeline for the retirement of WiscMail / WiscMail Plus / WiscCal has been finalized. All WiscMail (@wisc.edu) accounts will be migrated to Office 365 by October 14. All WiscMail Plus accounts will be migrated by November 14. The complete timeline is available here.
- DMC is Permanently Closed May 22, 2015, 4:55 PM CDT
This is a notification of the Digital Media Center's closing.
- UW-Madison sees an increase in phishing attempts Apr 10, 2015, 11:43 AM CDT
Recently, UW-Madison has seen an increase in attempts to obtain NetID and password credentials from UW-Madison students, faculty, and staff via email. To avoid falling victim to a phishing scam, never respond to an email that asks for your password, and only enter your NetID and password if you recognize the campus NetID login screen.
- Streaming Media Service Ended on June 30, 2015 Jul 1, 2015, 9:53 AM CDT
The Streaming Media Service is ended on June 30, 2015. DoIT discontinued the service because there are other viable solutions available. Service users were transitioned to alternative options over the past year. Please contact the DoIT Help Desk if you have any questions or need further assistance.