Get help from the DoIT Help Desk
- Blackboard Collaborate Original: Scheduled Maintenance (6/21/19) Jun 5, 2019, 9:39 AM CDT
Blackboard plans to perform scheduled maintenance from 1:00 a.m. to 5:00 a.m. on Friday, June 21, 2019. Access to the Blackboard Collaborate Original service may be intermittently and briefly interrupted during this time frame. Affected users should re-attempt to login to the service.
- WiscList Retirement May 29, 2019, 7:49 AM CDT
The existing WiscList service will be decommissioned on 12/31/19. As a replacement for the standard lists, we are recommending O365 groups or Google Groups. To determine which option will best meet your needs, please see https://kb.wisc.edu/91721. We would like to encourage you to use these options for your new lists and to start moving any existing lists you have to Google Groups or O365 Groups. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions. Plans for data driven lists(AdvisorList, ClassList, Custom) is still being finalized.
- Google Voice no longer free for UW-Madison G Suite customers May 22, 2019, 3:25 PM CDT
Beginning March 2019, Google changed its terms of service for its Google Voice service to no longer allow G Suite for Education users to create a free phone number using their education email address.
- Google Groups settings to be merged or removed Apr 17, 2019, 5:54 PM CDT
Effective May 2019, the Settings section of Google Groups will be changing to make it easier to manage groups. Settings with similar functionality will be combined. And some settings that are rarely used will be removed. The following changes may affect existing groups and newly created groups...
- Kaltura - Transition from CaptureSpace to Kaltura Capture: Kaltura Capture now available to UW-Madison Jun 15, 2019, 9:30 AM CDT
UW-Madison is transitioning from Kaltura CaptureSpace to Kaltura's new screen capture tool, Kaltura Capture.
- Kaltura REACH Captioning Not Currently Available Apr 11, 2019, 9:50 AM CDT
The Learn@UW Madison team is currently testing the Kaltura REACH ASR Machine Captioning functionality for Kaltura MediaSpace and Canvas integrations through an approved closed Pilot approved by the Learn@UW-Madison Executive Committee.
- Qualtrics Mailer app no longer able to send surveys from @wisc.edu address Feb 20, 2019, 10:04 AM CDT
Effective March 1, 2019, individuals who use the Qualtrics Mailer application to send surveys will not be able to use an @wisc.edu email address in the custom From Address field. This change will not impact the ability to change the From Name or the Reply-to Email address when sending surveys.
- Box discontinuing support for WebDAV on January 31, 2019 Jan 9, 2019, 4:05 PM CDT
On January 31, 2019, Box will deprecate support for WebDAV. Individuals connecting to Box using a WebDAV client, will see connection errors and will no longer be able to view or access their content on Box through the WebDAV client.
- Learn how DMARC will affect UW-Madison email marketing campaigns Jan 31, 2019, 3:15 PM CDT
The UW-Madison Office 365 team, in collaboration with the Office of Cybersecurity, will rollout Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance (DMARC) to campus to help protect your email marketing campaigns and your recipients from spam, spoofing, and phishing in July 2019. You are encouraged to proactively implement DMARC policy for your department’s subdomain before this date. Learn more about the UW-Madison DMARC project.
- Box no longer supporting iOS 10 this fall Sep 5, 2018, 4:21 PM CDT
Box recently announced they will discontinue support for devices using iOS 10 once Apple releases iOS 12 this fall. At this time the latest version of the Box app on iOS 10 is still functional.