Get help from the DoIT Help Desk
Help Desk Phone Information
- Adobe Creative Cloud now available to all Fac/Staff for home use Feb 20, 2017, 10:17 AM CST
All UW-Madison faculty and staff now have access to a federated Adobe Enterprise login, allowing them to access Adobe Creative Cloud and a breadth of Adobe services at no cost to them, both at home and at work. This is licensed under our Adobe ETLA for installation and use on either personally- or UW-owned computers. This KB doc describes the login procedure: https://kb.wisc.edu/69772.
- Desire2Learn (Learn@UW) - Service Disruption Impacting D2L Feb 20, 2017, 9:05 AM CST
Users may experience issues with Desire2Learn (Learn@UW) and other DoIT services due to an outage in effect for some of Desire2Learn's supporting IT infrastructure.
- NetID Login - Recommended Browsers KB updated Feb 17, 2017, 12:40 PM CST
The KB specifying recommended browser versions to access NetID Login protected applications has been updated. Read on for details.
- AEFIS Scheduled Maintenance - Monday February 20th 8pm-12am Feb 14, 2017, 4:06 PM CST
- DoIT Student & Full-Time Employee Networking Event Feb 16, 2017, 2:54 AM CST
The Student Leadership Council is excited to announce the upcoming DoIT Student & Full-Time Employee Networking event on March 13th. This is a paid event, with food, that will provide students a great opportunity to talk to some of DoIT's best in an informal and relaxed setting.
- Canvas - Google authorization fails in Chrome Feb 20, 2017, 10:12 AM CST
Users with multiple google accounts may experience difficulties when authorizing Google Apps in Canvas.
- Office 365 - Outlook on the Web outage Feb 17, 2017, 11:07 AM CST
Some users are unable to log into Outlook on the web via multiple browsers.
- 2factor VPN - Final Migration from Cisco ASA to Palo Alto GlobalProtect Feb 7, 2017, 5:16 PM CST
The old Cisco ASA 2factor VPN will be shut down after 2/13/17. Users have been instructed to begin using the Palo Alto GlobalProtect 2factor VPN. The communication sent to all 2factor VPN users at 4:30pm on 2/7 is provided below.
- Office 365 - Issue Managing Resource Calendar Permissions via Outlook on the Web Feb 14, 2017, 9:56 AM CST
When users attempt to manage the share settings within a resource calendar in Outlook on the Web, they receive a message stating "The sharing invitation couldn't be sent" (when attempting to add new/modify existing permissions) or "The sharing invitation couldn't be deleted" (when attempting to delete permissions).
- Office 365 - Outlook for Mac 2016 experiencing multiple issues on latest patch versions (15.29 & 15.30) Feb 7, 2017, 1:13 PM CST
There has been a recent stream of issues that Microsoft believes are being caused by the latest patch versions of Outlook for Mac 2016.
These issues include, but are not limited to:
- Issues configuring your account initially
- Continual NetID authentication prompts from the client
- An inability to send or receive email from the client
Microsoft has stated that a new patch to resolve the above issues should be available by mid-February. We will continue to update you with new information.