Get help from the DoIT Help Desk
Help Desk Phone Information
- Desire2Learn (Learn@UW) - Instructors: Access to Winter and Spring Courses Oct 27, 2016, 8:17 AM CDT
Winter and Spring timetable courses will be available for instructors and instructional support staff on November 22
- Canvas - Instructors: Access to Spring Courses Oct 27, 2016, 8:10 AM CDT
Spring 2017 timetable courses will be available for instructors and instructional support staff by November 1.
- Box releases new web experience, integrates with Google Docs, and more Oct 12, 2016, 1:13 PM CDT
Box, a secure online file storage platform, recently announced the following three new updates to their service:
- New feature for Office 365 users who forward: daily summary of spam messages Oct 11, 2016, 9:13 AM CDT
When an Office 365 user forwards their email to a different account (e.g., Gmail, Outlook.com, etc.), spam messages are not forwarded. This could result in the individual missing messages that were incorrectly labelled as spam. Beginning July 28, 2015, individuals who forward will receive a daily email summarizing the junk messages they received during the previous day.
- Office 365 - Working with cloud service vendors Oct 11, 2016, 9:20 AM CDT
Vendors of cloud services often make changes to their services without providing significant advance notice. It’s important for the UW tech support and end users to realize the ways that changes to Office 365 can occur. Read more for additional information.
- UW-Madison sees an increase in phishing attempts Oct 11, 2016, 9:24 AM CDT
Recently, UW-Madison has seen an increase in attempts to obtain NetID and password credentials from UW-Madison students, faculty, and staff via email. To avoid falling victim to a phishing scam, never respond to an email that asks for your password, and only enter your NetID and password if you recognize the campus NetID login screen.