OS X - Microsoft Office 2016 Visual Installation Guide
This document details the installation of the Office 2016 suite on OS X for all students and faculty/staff. Click here for the Windows installation guide.
- Please note that Office 2016 will only work on OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) and later. Users running older versions of OS X can still use the online versions of the office software via the Outlook Web App.
- Retired and Emeritus faculty are not eligible for this license. They are still able to purchase Office 365 University provided they do not have an existing Office 365 University account.
Log in to Outlook Web App using your NetID and password.
Click on The menu icon in the top left corner of your inbox.
- Click Office 365
- Click Install Office apps
- Double click on the installer and follow the prompts to complete installation.
- After installation, open the Word 2016 application. Click Sign In. You must use your @wisc.edu address.
- After entering your Wisc email address you will be redirected to the standard NetID login page. Log in with your credentials to complete the registration.