News and Announcements
- COVID-19 Updates Jul 9, 2020, 9:36 PM CDT
This page was created to provide information about IRB Review and Operations and COVID-19 and will be updated regularly.
About the HS IRBs
The Health Sciences Institutional Review Boards Office is home to two of the three IRBs on campus: the Health Sciences IRB (HS‐IRB) and the Minimal Risk IRB (MR‐IRB). The HS‐IRB and MR‐IRB review all human subject research protocols in accordance with applicable federal regulations, state laws, and local and university policies. Submitting to the HS IRBs occurs via the ARROW electronic application system. Log in to ARROW here, and use the ARROW Help documents as necessary. After an ARROW application has been submitted to the HS IRBs Office, it undergoes administrative review and pre‐review. Click here for tips on making the steps of the IRB review process as smooth as possible.
Questions? We're Here to Help!
- Urgent issues (e.g., subject safety concerns), call our main line (608-263-2362) and ask to speak with the staff reviewer on call. Please do NOT use email for these kinds of questions.
- General IRB questions, call our main line (608-263-2362) to speak with the staff reviewer on call or email firstname.lastname@example.org. These are the quickest ways to get help with general questions.
- Help with single IRB review and reliance questions, email email@example.com.
- Assistance with ARROW or technical questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Consultations: For investigators seeking assistance on a specific program or application, HS-IRBs staff are available for individual consultations: Request a consultation
- Presentations: The HS-IRBs office is available to provide the research community with presentations and training sessions on a variety of topics: Request a presentation