Topics Map > VA Research
VA Research - Overview
Information on VA Research
Madison VA Purview
Human subjects research falls under the purview of the Madison VA Hospital and requires review and approval by the Madison VA Research & Development Committee (VA R&D) before the research can begin if any of the following conditions apply to the study:
- There are key personnel engaged in human subjects research for this project or study under their Madison VA (Wm. S. Middleton VA Hospital) appointment.
- The study or project enrolls, uses specimens obtained from, or involves the use of medical records of Madison VA (Wm. S. Middleton VA Hospital) patients.
- The study or project uses Madison VA (Wm. S. Middleton VA Hospital) facilities (i.e., space that is not rented by the University).
- The project or study is supported by VA funds.
Contact Information for Madison VA Hospital
- Research and Development Committee: 608-280-7007
- Research Service: 608-280-7007
- Research Compliance Officer: 608-256-1901, extension 17805
- HIPAA Privacy Officer: 608-256-1901, extension 11699
- Information Security Officer: 608-256-1901, extension 17282