Single IRB Review Partners
The Health Sciences IRBs participate in a variety of IRB reliance partnerships, all designed to streamline the IRB review process for multisite and collaborative research studies. The status, scope, and process for each reliance partnership differ. Please see below for additional information on each partnership and please email our Reliance Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions. The Health Sciences IRBs office has helped lead the NIH-funded SMART IRB initiative to enable single IRB review for multisite studies. SMART IRB is a flexible, national IRB reliance agreement that has been signed by over 350 institutions across the country, including most major academic medical centers. The SMART IRB website also has a number of resources helpful for researchers conducting multisite studies. Please contact the Reliance Team to find out whether SMART IRB might be useful for your study. Greater Plains Cooperative (GPC) Reliance Fact Sheet for more information about participating institutions and the GPC reliance process.
- Guidance on the the UnityPoint Health - Meriter & UW IRB Partnership
- Instructions for Using the UnityPoint Health - Meriter & UW IRB Partnership
- UnityPoint Health - Meriter & UW-Madison IRB Partnership Request Form (Version Date: January 2016)
- Consent Form Template
- Meriter Health Information Management (HIM) Endorsement Form
- Meriter Endorsement Letter Template