What are Material Transfer Agreements (MTAs) and when do I need one?

Frequently Asked Question

Material Transfer Agreements (MTAs) are contracts that protect the rights of both the receiver and the provider of these materials.  MTAs must be in place before a Principal Investigator (PI) at the University of Wisconsin-Madison receives (incoming MTA) material from an outside source or sends (outgoing MTA) material off campus.  For information and guidance on Material Transfer Agreements at UW-Madison, see Material Transfer Agreements

In addition to the above information, the Association of University Technology Managers has developed a toolkit available specifically for transfers of materials between academic institutions.  The website that provides these tools to the academic community along with useful background information is available at Material Transfer Agreements (MTAs) in Research.

Keywords:samples, transfer   Doc ID:50265
Owner:Monica E.Group:Health Sciences IRBs
Created:2015-04-09 15:00 CSTUpdated:2019-05-16 13:19 CST
Sites:Health Sciences IRBs
Feedback:  0   0