KB User's Guide - SitePref Tab - Customize the Error Messages
Admins and Users who have permissions to access the Site Preference tab may create/edit a Custom Messages for your KB site. This document will walk you through this process.
What a Error Message?
An Error message is an HTTP standard response displayed when a server cannot locate the web page requested. It happens when the your KB site encounters:
- A mistyped URL
- Copy-and-paste URL mistake
- Broken links or truncated links on other web pages
- Broken links or truncated links in an email message
- Moved or deleted KB pages
Design a Custom Error Message for your KB Site
Display a customized error message to include:
- a more natural description with language that is friendly and inviting
- your KB site's branding
- link leading to helpful information
- Navigate to the Site Preference Tab > Custom Messages link
- You will be led to the Custom Messages page. You will be presented with six text boxes in which you can create/modify distinct sets of instructions for the Internal and the External KB Site.
- Internal Site Search Success Message
- External Site Search Success Message
- Internal Site Search Failure Message
- External Site Search Failure Message
- Internal Site Page Not Found Message
- External Site Page Not Found Message
How to Avoid a Search Yielding an Error Message
Admins can run the KB Broken Link Checkercheck out this article!