KB Users Guide - General Info - New KnowledgeBase (KB) Site Creation Questionnaire
For new KB site creation we have a four questions that new site owners typically answer.
- Your KB Content
- short term project documentation
- procedural documentation
- modify documentation currently on website
- modify documentation currently on Microsoft Word
- create an intranet-style site (e.g.documentation for internal use only entered in a proceduralized manner)
- create a wiki-style site (e.g. documentation for internal /or external use entered and modified by many authors)
- Your KB Site Name
- What would you like to name your KB site? (example: UW Bucky Reference )
- If one is available, is there a shortened version of this name? (example: UW Bucky Ref )
- What would you like for your preferred directory path name?(example: https://kb.wisc.edu/buckyref )
The image below is a sample KB site logo for both internal and external KB sites.
- Who will be the KB site administrator(s)?
- Admin first and last name(s)
- Admin email address(s) (Or, you can include a group list or wisclist here)
- Admin netid(s)
- KB Training
Please describe your target audience(s) and manner in which you intend to utilize/populate your KB. For example:
This information will help us design a comprehensive KB training to suit your specific needs.
Upon site creation, new KB admin(s) will be added to the firstname.lastname@example.org. This list receives a few emails a month notifying administrators about monthly KB Meeting minutes and changes to the KnowledgeBase.
The KB site admin will also be invited to the monthly KB advisory meetings (last Friday of every month at 11am). For more information on KB Site Admin responsibilities see: KB User's Guide - KB Site Administrator Responsibilities
There are two separate training sessions.
- Author training: we recommend setting aside 3 hours for author training, with the understanding that it could run anywhere from 2.5-3 hours, depending on questions
- Admin training: we recommend setting aside 2.5 hours for admin training, though the run time is expected to be between 2-2.5 hours.
- Which training you will require?
- What are three dates and times of availability?
These training sessions can be combined or separate. Ideally, at least one of the dates and times you provide will be a good fit for our staff.
For your reference, here is the link to the KB User's Guide https://kb.wisc.edu/kbGuide
We will create both an internal KB site (NetID required to access) and an external KB site (available to anyone). Let us know if you don't need both sites.