Topics Map > Academic & Curricular Administration
Topics Map > Administration & Governance > Governance & Committees
L&S Curriculum Committee governance role
The L&S Curriculum Committee serves as the primary college-level committee on matters related to courses, academic programs, and college-wide curricular concerns.
The L&S Curriculum Committee oversees course curricular issues, including:
- adding, changing, or deleting courses in L&S subject listings;
- allow non-L&S courses to count toward the L&S degree requirements;
- add breadth designations to courses
- changes to L&S programs
- provides advice to the L&S APC during review of new proposed programs, in terms of the proposed curriculum
The committee oversees undergraduate degree curricular issues, including:
The committee also is frequently consulted and invited to comment on the development of campus curricular policies
- the integrity of the undergraduate degree requirements and changes to requirements for L&S majors.
- adding, changing or removing of L&S curricular policies (often done in consultation with L&S APC and the Dean)
- at the Dean's request, the committee considers other issues related to undergraduate education for purposes of advising him, the faculty and L&S departments and programs, or the L&S division of Student Academic Affairs.
Contact Kimbrin Cornelius at firstname.lastname@example.org