Topics Map > Research > L&S Office of Research Services
Topics Map > Research > Extramural Support > Post-Award
Topics Map > Research > Extramural Support > Gifts

How to clear overdrafts on L & S fund 233 UW Foundation sponsored gift accounts

This document contains instructions on how to clear an over draft on a fund 233 UW sponsored gift account

To clear overdrafts on your fund 233 UW Foundation sponsored gift accounts, you should process a check request and a matching gift routing form to transfer funds from an appropriate departmental UW Foundation account.  Please note: if this is a special billing project please contact Ben Ball. 

To get to the check request, Log into the new UWF management system then click on "Fund Management" in the red navigation bar under the Advancement Resources heading.  Select "Check/ACH requests" from the pull down menu. 

Gift check routing form instructions

The Foundation check request form and gift routing form should be forwarded to Mary Machaj 408 South Hall.

If no UW Foundation funds are available to clear the overdraft, then expenses must be transferred from the 233- project to another discretionary funding source using the cost transfer tool

While small overdrafts on 233- gift accounts are acceptable in the short term (less than 3 months), we have guidance from the Vice Chancellor for Administration’s office to clear these quarterly.  If you have questions or need guidance, please contact Mary Machaj at 263-2316.

See Also:

Keywords:233, gift accounts, overdraft, gift routing form, gift check routing form, check request   Doc ID:26520
Owner:Mary M.Group:L&S Administrative Gateway
Created:2012-09-20 13:32 CDTUpdated:2019-08-15 13:23 CDT
Sites:L&S Administrative Gateway
Feedback:  0   0