Topics Map > Academic & Curricular Administration > Graduate Student Administration
Topics Map > Academic & Curricular Administration > Personnel - Budgetary and Curricular Intersections > Teaching Assistant Budgets
L&S TA Early Report
This document guides you through the process of completing and submitting the TA Early Report for fall and spring semesters. This report is due each October and March.
Documents & Deadlines
- TA Early Report
- Deadlines for the 2020-21 Academic Year:
- Fall 2020: October 16, 2020
- Spring 2021: March 5, 2021
- Submit the report via Box:
- Naming convention: Departmentname_EarlyReport_Spring 2021
- Upload to departmental Teaching & Learning Admin folder, TA_Graduate subfolder ("48-##00 TA_Graduate").
- If you do not have Box access, email your report to Amanda Mahr
TA Early ReportThe TA Early Report is due to L&S Admin each semester. This report includes final TA appointments for the given semester. The report is typically due in mid-October for the fall semester, and early March for the spring semester.
Instructions for the TA Early Report1. Departmental Details
At the top of the spreadsheet, indicate the following:
- Department name
- Your name
- Name (Last, First). TA name.
- Course. Course Assignment
- Appt Type. Indicate if the appointment is for a TA (teaching assistant), FA (faculty assistant) or UA (undergrad assistant).
- Funding. This is a dropdown list, and is populated by the ‘Funding’ table at the bottom of the pae. Add rows to that table for additional funding sources.
- Appt %. List the appointment % level.
- C-Basis Rate. List the full-time, C-Basis / 9-month rate.
- Gross Salary. This column is an automated calculation based on the ‘Appt %’ and ‘C-Basis rate’ fields. This calculation assumes that the appointment is semester-length.
- FTE. This column is an automated calculation based on the ‘Appt %’ and ‘C-Basis rate’ fields.
This table on the form is informational only; do not make changes. It shows the headcount and salary cost by appointment type based on the 'List of TAs, FAs, & UAs' table.
- This table includes some common funding sources (TA 101 budget, and summer revenue).
- You may add rows for other funding sources (e.g., 144 funding, departmental 131 funding).
- The ‘Salary’ column automatically calculates based on the ‘List of TAs, FAs, & UAs’ above.