Topics Map > Academic & Curricular Administration > Program Changes & Development > Academic Programs
Topics Map > Academic & Curricular Administration > Program Changes & Development > Course Array
2020-21 L&S Undergraduate Guide Revisions – deadlines and information
Each fall departments and programs must review their program Guide pages for accuracy and updates. The Guide is an official document for major, certificate, degree, and entrance requirements. The Guide, along with DARS, communicates important information to students and advisors.
L&S Deadlines for Fall 2020 Undergraduate Guide changes
Deadline for changes effective Fall 2020 is November 29, 2019.
How to submit changes
- ‘Governed’ program tabs (How to Get In, Requirements, Learning Outcomes, Four Year Plans, Accreditation):
Submit changes with Lumen Programs Proposals (in the Lumen widget in MyUW). Changes to these pages require governance approval at the department/program and college levels. (Depending on changes, additional levels of approval may be required.)
- ‘Non-governed’ program tabs (Overview, Advising and Careers, People, Wisconsin Experience):
Submit changes with the Lumen Guide widget (in the Lumen widget in MyUW).
Implementation of changes
- Approved changes are effective in Fall 2020 and will be published June 2020.
- DARS will be updated to reflect approved changes, effective for students who declare their program(s) in Fall 2020.
Resources for Undergraduate Guide editingNew: Lumen/Guide Policy and Style Guidelines for Undergraduate Programs in L&S. The L&S Curriculum Committee recently approved this document, to serve students better by having common language and greater consistency across the L&S undergraduate Guide. In this editing cycle, L&S AIM will work with departments to ensure their Lumen Programs proposals align with these guidelines.
Open Labs: Please attend an open lab if you need help submitting undergraduate Guide updates:
- Monday, November 11, 2019, 9am – 12 pm in Room 11501, 333 East Campus Mall
- Friday, November 22, 2019, 11 am – 2 pm in Room 11501, 333 East Campus Mall
- Guide widget (editing non-govered pages): Please make sure that your department’s Guide editor has sent an email to Tori Richardson (email@example.com) confirming their role as Guide editor for your department or program. Guide editing opens November 4.
- Lumen Program proposals: All faculty and staff automatically have access to Lumen Programs. Lumen Programs editing is open now.
- Questions about changes to non-governed undergraduate Guide pages (via Guide widget for the following tabs: Overview, Advising & Careers, People; Wisconsin Experience, Resources and Scholarships): Contact Tori Richardson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Questions about changes to governed undergraduate Guide pages (via Lumen Programs proposals for the following tabs: How to Get In, Requirements, Learning Outcomes, Four-Year Plan, Certification/Licensure): Contact L&S AIM (Mike Pflieger at email@example.com or Wyl Schuth at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Questions about substantial program changes or L&S Curriculum Committee process, contact Kimbrin Cornelius (email@example.com)
- Additional related webpages: