Printing (Windows) - Mapping a Departmental Printer
These steps require a campus network connection. If you are off campus, or if you have trouble with the steps, please connect to VPN first. See WiscVPN - How to Install, Connect, Uninstall, and Disconnect WiscVPN Palo Alto GlobalProtect for information about installing and connecting to VPN. Contact the TechZone if you need assistance.
When using a TechZone-supported computer, you may need to use Make Me Admin (Windows) to become an administrator before starting these steps.
- Open a File Explorer window.
- Click into the address bar near the top of the window.
- Enter \\lsstz-winsrv-01.ad.wisc.edu and press Enter.
- If prompted for credentials, enter as follows:
- Username: ad\netid (e.g., ad\bbadger)
- Password: your NetID password
- Check the Remember my credentials box
- When presented with the list of printers, locate the printer you'd like to map. They are labeled by building abbreviation, room number, and printer model.
- Right-click and select Open. It may take a minute for the mapping to begin.
- If prompted for a printer driver installation, allow the installation, entering your computer's password if needed.
- Once a small window named after the printer opens, the printer has successfully been mapped.