Topics Map > Client Configuration > Desktop
Directory Search (Mac) - Configuring Thunderbird for White Pages
This service can be used to lookup e-mail addresses based on names as they appear in the University Directory Search.
- Open Thunderbird.
- Go to Thunderbird -> Preferences....
- Select Composition -> Addressing (Tab).
- Check the option Directory Server and click Edit Directories.
- Click Add button. A new window should appear.
- Enter the following:
- Name: Directory Search
- Hostname: ldap.services.wisc.edu
- Base DN: dc=wisc,dc=edu
- Port Number:389
Note: SSL does not need to be checked, Authentication should be set to "None" and User name and Password need not be entered.
- Click OK.
- Click OK.
- On the "Composition" screen, make sure you have selected Directory Searchfrom within 'Directory Server' select box.
Close the Composition pane by clicking on the red close button in the upper left hand corner.
- Thunderbird is now configured to use the LDAP server.
In some instances, you may experience problems with auto-completion. If so, please review the following document: http://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=5032.