Topics Map > Getting Started > Course / Site Settings
Moodle - Managing Course Settings
Each Moodle has a course settings page which configures organization and formatting for the course. The link to the settings page is found in the Administration block in the left column of your course on Moodle. Click Edit settings under Course administration to edit the course settings page.
This article gives information about the course settings option in Moodle.
For a full description of the options available here, visit the Course settings page at the Moodle Documentation website.
Field Descriptions:1. The Category, Course full name, and Course short name are filled in automatically when you associate roster data. If you don't associate a roster, You must fill these fields in with appropriate text.
2. The course “Summary” (Front page description) is taken from the course description found in the timetable. It is recommended that you either leave this alone or write an entirely new summary.
3. You may change a number of other settings. Click on the question mark icon to get more information about what effect that setting will have on your course.
- Guest access is set to No by default. Introducing guests to your course can infringe upon privacy and FERPA protections.
- Making your course not available to students means that it is only visible to instructors. A notice will appear at the top of the page to remind you of this setting.
- Completion tracking introduces dependencies between activities, based on viewing or grading criteria. This is a relatively new feature. Read more about it at http://docs.moodle.org/23/en/Course_completion_settings