Adding a database activity
1. First, turn editing on by clicking the Turn editing on button at the top right corner of your course homepage.
2. In the desired week/topic, click the Add an activity or resource link and select Database.
3. Give the activity a name in the “Name” field and type the database’s instructions in the “description” field.
4. Modify the remaining settings as desired. You can view descriptions of each setting by clicking the question mark button next to the setting. To restrict access to a certain time period, you must first click the Enable box to the right of the time.
5. When finished, click the Save and return to course button at the bottom of the page. To preview, click Save and display instead.
Adding an entry to a database
1. From your course homepage, click the link to the desired Database activity. Next, create a field by selecting a field type from the Create a new field drop-down menu.
2. Fill out the required options for the new field and click the Add button.
3. Next, click the Add entry tab. Depending on the field that you inserted, put in the necessary information and then click the save and view or save and add another button.