Topics Map > Administration > Gradebook
Topics Map > Administration > Backing Up / Importing Course Material
Moodle - Importing and Exporting Grades
This document will explain how to perform Imports and Exports of grades.
1. First, access the gradebook by clicking the Grades link under "Course administration" in the "Administration" block. Note you must have the course you want to import grades open to do this.
2. Next, click the Import tab in the "Administration" block under "Grade administration". Then select which type of file you would like to import (Either "CSV file" or "XML file").
3. Click the Choose a file... button and find and upload the desired file from your computer.
4. Next, choose the proper encoding setting from the “Encoding” drop-down menu. If you used Excel to create the CSV file, then the “WINDOWS-874′ encoding should work. Specify the number of rows to preview in the next step using the “Preview rows” drop-down menu. Check Force import if you would like all grades from the spreadsheet automatically imported. Then, click the Upload grades button.
5. The next page will request identifiers to map the rows in the CSV file to the rows in your Moodle gradebook. If you created your CSV file as instructed in the introduction, choose ID number for both the the “Map from” and “Map to” drop-down menus.
6. In the “Grade item mappings” section, associate the column headers with their respective grade items using the drop-down menus.
THIS STEP MUST BE COMPLETED OR NO GRADES WILL IMPORT
7. When finished, click the Upload grades button.