Case Scenario / Critical Reader activity module
CSCR activity module help and resources
Case Scenario Builder and Critical Reader are both being discontinued. Please do not add any new of these activities to your Moodle course.
The case scenario/critical reader module is a Moodle module developed by Learning Solutions for the school of pharmacy. They have decided to allow the use of this module by the campus community as a whole.
This document does NOT cover the building of new case scenarios through the CSCR tool; it only covers the functionality and different processes for using the Moodle module. Some aspects of forms are not covered, as the help tooltips on the forms are enough documentation on their own
- Hosts case scenarios within Moodle
- Allows instructors to capture, see and grade responses from students
- Grading short answer/essay questions is possible, along with sending feedback to the student
- Allows for different types of grading for allowing multiple attempts by students
- Highest grade
- Average grade
- First attempt
- Last attempt
- Captures information about how long a student took to complete a case scenario
- Allows for students to exit out of the case scenario and return right back to the same question/page they were on in their case scenario
- Automatically pushes the grade to the grade book based on the total number of points in the case scenario
- Allows instructor to download responses and attempts made by students
- Allows for duplication and backup/restore capabilities.
- Please note that this feature does not support user data