My course links
Documentation on the My course links block
This is a custom built block built by UW Madison Moodle and Learning Solutions.
The main function of this block is to display a list of courses that the current user is enrolled in.
- Highlights the course that the user is currently in, if the block is displayed on the course page.
- Creates an asterisk on the section header in order to signify that there are courses in that section that have unread forum posts
- A number in parentheses is added at the end of the course name if there are unread posts in the course. The number says how many unread posts in that course that the user has.
- "Opening" and "Closing" sections in the block will be saved for the user's session so that the state of the block can be remembered across pages
- In order for the unread forum post count to work, the user's preferences must be set to "Yes: highlight new posts for me", otherwise the forum module won't track unread posts for the user.
- Forum Preference can be found by clicking on the user in the top right corner and selecting Preferences. From there, you select Forum preferences.
- At this page, change the "Forum tracking" option to Yes: highlight new posts for me
- Now when you go into your course, next to the forum there will be a highlighted message when you have unread posts in the forum.