GCP - Service Description
UW Public Cloud is a CIO-sponsored initiative to deliver public cloud computing services to UW-Madison faculty, staff, and departments. The third offering focuses on Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) in the form of Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
Version 1.0 of the campus GCP offering, released in 2020, includes:
- The entire suite of generally available GCP services including Google Compute Engine and Cloud Storage
- The ability for customers to process, store, or otherwise propagate internal and public data in GCP
- The ability for users to sign in to the GCP Console using their NetID
Version 1.0 of the campus GCP offering does not include:
- The ability for customers to provision resources in campus private IP space
- The ability for customers to process, store, or otherwise propagate sensitive or restricted data in GCP without an assessment by the Office of Cybersecurity
Pricing and complete terms of service are under development. Charges incurred will be very close to GCP retail costs (as seen through the pricing calculators and billing dashboard.)
Please contact your local IT staff for guidance on GCP usage within your unit or department.