InterPro - Teaching & Learning - Tools & Technology - Canvas Assignments, Feedback, and Grading
Canvas, EPD's learning management system (LMS), provides a variety of tools for creating, submitting, and providing feedback on assignments.
Canvas Assignments, Feedback, and Gradebook
Canvas offers several different ways to submit assignments and provide constructive feedback and enter student grades in the gradebook. This document provides resources for EPD instructors and students that will develop instructor presence in the online classroom and foster an interactive learning environment.
- Assignments Overview Video (7:52)
Assignment Submission (Instructors)
- Available Canvas assignment types
- Creating an online assignment
- Adding or editing details to an assignment
- Adding assignment groups
Assignment Submission (Students)
- Assignment Submissions - video tutorial
- How to submit an assignment
- InterPro - Online Learning - Tools & Technology - Canvas - How to Post Audio Comments in Discussion Forum posts
Assignment Feedback (Instructors)
- What is SpeedGrader?
- SpeedGrader Overview - video tutorial
- How to Use SpeedGrader
- Leave Text, File, or Media (audio or video) comments on student submissions
- DocViewer Overview - video tutorial
- Using a rubric in SpeedGrader
- How do my students View SpeedGrader Annotations
- What is Gradebook?
- Gradebook Overview - video tutorial
- How to Use Gradebook
- Leave text comments for students
- Send a message to students who fit a specific criterion
- How to download all student submissions from the Gradebook
- How to upload all student submissions to the Gradebook
- Accessing SpeedGrader via the Gradebook
- Auto-grade missing assignments as zero in the grade book by applying a missing assignment policy
- Why it's important to enter missing assignments as zero in the Gradebook
- Canvas - Examining the Grade Posting Policy
- Canvas - Mute/Unmute an Assignment with Grade Posting Policy
- What are rubrics?
- Rubrics Overview - video tutorial
- How to build and use rubrics effectively
- EPD Sample Rubrics
- Managing rubrics in a Canvas course
- Adding a rubric to an assignment
- What are peer reviews?
- How to create a peer review assignment
- InterPro - Online Learning - Tools & Technology - Canvas - Peer Review an Assignment - for Instructors
- How to view student peer review comments as an instructor
- What are quizzes?
- Quiz question types that offer automatic grading
- How to set up feedback for quiz questions (viewable after quiz submission)
- How to set up immediate feedback for students as they advance through a quiz, one question at a time
Assignment Feedback (Students)
- Feedback Overview - video tutorial
- Canvas - Giving and Finding Feedback
- How to view assignment comments from an instructor
- Viewing quiz results and feedback
- InterPro - Online Learning - Tools and & Technology - Canvas - Peer Review an Assignment - for Students
- InterPro - Online Learning - Tools & Technology - Canvas - Canvas LMS Quick Start for EPD Online Instructors
- InterPro - Online Learning - Tools & Technology - Canvas - LMS Quick Start for InterPro Online Students
- InterPro - Teaching & Learning - Tools & Technology - Canvas Quizzing
- InterPro - Teaching & Learning - Tools & Technology - Kaltura