Course Access Landing Page
On this page we are sharing resources, information, and guidance for SOAR 2024 Course Access.
L&S teaches 85% of credits that first year students take and once again as a collective L&S effort we will work together to ensure students have access to the courses they need and so that advising and course registration processes goes smoothly.
- Please plan for a 2024 first-year class of 8200-8400 (Fall 2023 First Year class is 7970).
- SOAR will begin on May 31 for transfer students and June 4 for first-year students. Enrollment will continue through August 16.
- At SOAR, in-person students will work with academic advisors and enroll in courses on the second day of their two-day orientation, and enrollment will open at 10 am. Virtual students will advise and enroll throughout the week.
- Resources for staffing: During Summer 2024, departments have several staffing options available to them if their current and permanent instructional staffing are not enough to meet enrollment demands.
- SOAR and peak registration periods go more smoothly when students and advisors can see important and relevant information about your courses, who to contact in different situations, or special enrollment processes in Course Search & Enroll. Please see “L&S guidance for department-provided information in Course Search & Enroll” for steps departments can take to provide good information.
- Collection of recent emails sent to chairs, directors and administrators from Teaching & Learning Administration at this KB page.