WiscIT - How to Log into WiscIT
This document describes how to log into WiscIT, DoIT's Incident Management and Change system. This document is intended for WiscIT Users, Officers, or Agents. If you are a customer looking to log an incident, please use the following link to log into the Customer Portal, http://wiscit.wisc.edu
There are two Cherwell clients available for you to use:
- Web Client: https://wiscit.wisc.edu/CherwellClient/Access (note: if you are using Safari on a Mac you will receive a 404 error, please use Chrome or Firefox as we await a fix from the vendor).
- Install of Desktop Client (Windows Only): Cherwell Installer
The clients have different functionalities, and the one you choose will depend on what work you are doing. The web client and desktop client are largely identical in terms of function, however, the desktop client offers the following additional tools:
- Knowledge Search
- Dashboard and widget creation (via Dashboard Manager and Widget Manager)
- One-Step creation (via One-Step Manager)
- Search configuration and creation (via Search Manager and Quick Search Builder)
- Bulk-Add CIs (via a Change Request)
For either client, you will need to supply your NetID credentials for access. If you still have access issues after supplying your NetID credentials, you may require WiscIT Officer credentials - point your supervisor to Requesting or Removal of a WiscIT Officer Account for an Officer credential request.
To submit feedback, requests, bug reports, or enhancement requests about WiscIT Powered by Cherwell, please send an email to email@example.com.