MyUW Madison - Update Campus Business Email Contact
All employees, including student employees, must have a business email address to access Human Resource System (HRS) self-service and to receive payroll and benefits communications from the UW Service Center. Employees are assigned a default address but can choose a preferred business address in the MyUW Madison Personal Information module.
Receiving a campus business email
To receive a campus business email address, an employee must have the following:
- An official, complete record of employment in HRS. (Can be prior to employment start date.)
- An activated Madison NetID. See NetID - Activating Your Account or My UW Early NetID Activation for New Employees/POIs (UW-Madison only).
Once these steps are complete, the employee will automatically be assigned the default Office 365 email address (typically firstname.lastname@example.org). This gives the employee access to HRS Self-service in My UW.
Choosing a "preferred" business email address
Employees can change their default address to a preferred address using the Personal Information module in MyUW:
- Log in to My UW and find the Personal Information application. If it is not on your Homepage automatically, you may need to search for it in the search bar and press the green Launch button.
- If you are using the MyUW Classic layout, you can find Personal Information under the "Work Record" tab.
Click the Change link to the right of Campus Business Email (next to the current address):
- In the Change Email box that appears, enter the new email address twice and click the Update button.
Allow at least 2 hours for most systems to be updated with the new address. HRS and the Madison White Pages directory listing on www.wisc.edu will be updated overnight.
UW-System Administration or Extension Employees
UW-System Administration of Extension employees with a Dane County business address will see the change button to edit their campus business e-mail address, but it does not function as expected. The tool does not change their email address in HRS, as they do not have a job at UW-Madison; however, it will change the email address used by Madison services for the person, which is an expected behavior.
If you are a UW-System Administration or Extension employee with a Dane County business address, please contact your local Human Resources to update your campus business e-mail address.