How do I declare a second major outside of L&S if I am earning my undergraduate degree in Letters & Science?

This section explains what an L&S undergraduate student will need to do in order to pursue an additional major outside of L&S.

What do I need to do in order to declare another major outside of L&S if I am an L&S undergraduate student?

If an L&S student wishes to declare a second major in another school/college on the UW-Madison campus (e.g., in the School of Education or in CALS), the student will need to transfer into the other school or college and obtain permission to earn a second major in the College of Letters & Science.  Letters & Science is not the home school/college for students with a second major outside of L&S.  Instead, L&S becomes the student's secondary college.

**Students with second majors in L&S only need to fulfill L&S major requirements. 

  • An L&S undergraduate student cannot pursue two degree programs at the same time.  
  • An L&S undergraduate student who is interested in pursuing a second degree program/major outside of L&S must first complete his/her degree in L&S and then apply to the other school/college on the UW-Madison campus for a second undergraduate degree.

See Also:

Keywords:major declaration,second major in Letters & Science   Doc ID:21166
Owner:Tori R.Group:College of Letters & Science
Created:2011-11-04 10:08 CSTUpdated:2017-07-03 09:43 CST
Sites:College of Letters & Science
Feedback:  0   0