UW-Madison G Suite - Using UW-Madison G Suite with an Office 365 Service Account
This document explains how to log into UW-Madison G Suite using an Office 365 Service Account.
By default, the only university email account guaranteed under the UW-Madison G Suite agreement is NetID@wisc.edu. See UW-Madison G Suite - What types of accounts are eligible? for more information.
Faculty and staff who primarily use an Office 365 account may prefer to use this account in conjunction with UW-Madison G Suite. For this to be possible, the entire department's Office 365 domain will need to enter into UW-Madison's privacy agreement with G Suite.
- If an account's domain is enabled for G Suite, then it can be accessed via NetID login. See UW-Madison G Suite - Logging In.
- A NetID must be linked to an account before it can access the account in G Suite. If your NetID needs to be linked to an account, please contact the administrator for your account's domain.
- For Office 365 service accounts, web login can be used to access an account directly if the feature is enabled for the account. For more information, see how to log in to the Service Account using the Service Account credentials.
- If your domain is not already authorized, attempts to log into UW-Madison G Suite using an Office 365 service account will result in the following error message:
"Your domain is not active for G Suite applications.
Please contact you local domain administrator."
- Contact your local domain administrator to find out if your domain is enabled for G Suite. Not sure who your administrator is? Contact the DoIT Help Desk to find out.