KB User's Guide - KB Features
An introduction to the features of the KnowledgeBase.
Built-in features to get started:
- External site - a public website to provide content to end users.
- Internal site - a password-protected resource on which to store group-specific policies, procedures, and processes.
- Searchability - natural language, full-text, and attachment search options.
- Built-in mobile version for smartphones, tablets, and other mobile devices.
- Nightly data backups.
Manage the functionality and appearance of your KB:
- Web-based administration, including user authentication and authorization.
- Dynamic page modules ensure site content is always up-to-date.
- Full administrative control over documents, presentation, administrative users, and group relationships.
- Custom appearance - KB Staff can help to implement distinctive site style.
- Custom topics assist with document categorization and site organization.
Easily assemble quality documentation:
- What You See is What You Get (WYSIWYG) and HTML editor modes allow documents to be created by authors of varying levels of technical expertise.
- Easy-to-use import feature lets site administrators upload existing content in XML format.
- Document- and site-specific attachments.
Prevent duplication of effort, simplify the search process, and improve overall user experience:
- Document sharing across partner sites.
- News posting and RSS capabilities.
- Document portability via content export feature.
Keep documentation accurate:
- Automatic document review reminders.
- Document preview and code validation options.
- Scheduled document activation and expiration.
- Viewable history of document comments and revisions.
- Site-specific headers and footers provide visual queues to users.