UW-Madison Google Apps - Embedding a Google Doc in a web site
This article explains how to embed a Google Doc on a web site.
Log in to UW-Madison Google Apps with your NetID and password using the following URL:
If you have multiple UW-Madison Google Apps accounts, select your desired account from the list provided.
If you only have one UW-Madison Google Apps account, you will be logged into your account automatically.
- Open the UW-Madison Google Doc you would like to publish on your web site.
- From the File menu, select Publish to the web...
- Click Start publishing
- You will see a popup window asking you to confirm that you want to publish the document. Click OK
- You will then see a window that contains both the direct link to the document and the code to embed the document in your site:
- You can use the Document link if you want to create a link to the Google doc within your site.
- If you want to embed the Doc in your site, you will need to copy the Embed code
- Insert the Embed code into the desired location within the HTML code for your site