XenApp for Mac (Remote Access to CAE Applications)
Remotely access CAE applications online through XenApp. How to install and connect to XenApp. XenApp allows you to access some of CAE's software remotely. You do not need WiscVPN running to use this program.
NOTE: XenApp can be run without installing the Citrix Receiver. To do this, follow the directions below, but at step 4, click "Log on" instead of clicking agree and install, then skip to step 9.
If you are getting an error that reads "Incorrect Credentials. Try again", be sure that you are using your CAE credentials to log on. If you still get the error, and you have not changed your password recently, it may be due to an invalid character or string of characters in your password. If you changed your password in the last few minutes, give it a couple more minutes and try again as the system takes a few minutes to refresh.
1. Navigate to https://remote.engr.wisc.edu with an internet browser.
2. Once the page is loaded, it should look like the image below.
3. Log in using your CAE Username and Password. You should see the following:
4. Accept the License Agreement and Click install.
5. Go to your Downloads. There should now be a file called "CitrixReceiver.dmg". Click on it and this should pop up:
6.Now click Install Citrix Receiver. Click Continue. Click continue again, read over the license agreement, and agree to the license agreement.
7. If you wish, you can now change the destination where the receiver will install. Once you have decided on a destination, click install.
8. Next, you will be asked if you want to add an account. Leave the "Add Account" box unchecked and click continue
When the installation finishes, the installation window will say installation successful. Click Close
From this point you can go one of two ways. To continue to use the web browser to launch applications, read the next step. For instructions on configuring the Citrix Receiver skip past the next step
Note: Both options will launch the application in Citrix Viewer, so this is simply whichever way is easier for each individual
9. Go back to the web browser you had opened, and you will see the following screen:
You can follow the directions to add apps to your favorites, or click on Apps at the top of the screen to see a list of available applications
At this point, you only have to click on an app to launch the program.
Configuring Citrix Receiver:
1. You will be prompted to enter your work or email server address. Enter "remote.engr.wisc.edu"
2. You will then be prompted for your username and password. Be sure to enter your CAE username and password.
3. You will be asked which account you would like to add. Select ENGR and click select.
4. You will now be asked to login again. Again, be sure to enter your CAE username and password.
From here, you can either add apps to your favorites or just launch them from the Apps list.