Citrix Workspace for Mac (Remote Access to CAE Applications)
Remotely access CAE applications online through XenApp. How to install and connect to XenApp. XenApp allows you to access some of CAE's software remotely. You do not need WiscVPN running to use this program.
WARNING: It is best practice to save files to your CAE filespace, or setup UW storage through KUMO. DO NOT SAVE TO THE LOCAL COMPUTER unless you are certain that you are saving to YOUR computer and that you verify that the file is on YOUR computer. The Default place to save in XenApp is on the XenApp server. This will cause your files to be lost forever. See links at the bottom of the page for more info.
1. Navigate to https://www.citrix.com/downloads/workspace-app/mac/workspace-app-for-mac-latest.html with an internet browser, and click Download Citrix Workspace app for Mac.
Note: You can also download the installer from https://remote.engr.wisc.edu/ but CAE has noted better success when downloading from the Citrix site above.
2. Go to your Downloads. There should now be a file called "CitrixWorkspace.dmg". Click on it and this should pop up:
3.Now click Install Citrix Workspace. Click Continue. Click continue again, read over the license agreement, and agree to the license agreement.
4. If you wish, you can now change the destination where the receiver will install. Once you have decided on a destination, click install.
5. Next, you will be asked if you want to add an account. Leave the "Add Account" box unchecked and click continue
When the installation finishes, the installation window will say installation successful. Click Close
6. Navigate to https://remote.engr.wisc.edu/, log in with your CAE credentials, and authorize with Duo, you will see the following screen:
At this point, you only have to click on an app to launch the program.
7. If it launches in browser, click on the gear in the upper right and select "Account Settings."
8. Select "Change Citrix Workspace app"
9. Select "Detect Citrix Workspace App"
From here, return to remote.engr.wisc.edu and you should be able to open any app in Workspace.
If you are using Google Chrome to login and have a loading issue, please try another web browser, such as Safari. There have been issues in the past with Chrome and remote.engr.wisc.edu on the Apple platform.