The Document Template feature in KB Admin Tools makes it easier for KB authors to replicate frequently used document formats and styles. This document shows you how to edit an existing template.
- Locate the Template
- Click on the Edit button on the same line as the Template you wish to Edit.
- Edit the Template as necessary.
Please follow your group space's workflow to update documents.
- Make sure to click on the Save change or Submit button to save your work.
Navigation: KB Admin Tools > Click on the Documents Tab > Click on the In Progress link > Select Template from the Type dropdown menu > Click on the Go button.
(If you do not find your Template in the In Progress queue, repeat the above in the Active queue.)
- KB Admins, we recommend that Templates be saved to the status of In Progress. Should you need to save the Template as an Active document, set the Search Priority flag to "Exclude from Search". This way, a user will not discover the template on the Live Site.
- Please know that updates made to a template are not updated dynamically. To make updates to documents created by a template in bulk, we recommend that the Batch Update tool be used to make those updates.