L&S storytelling and newsletter resources
This document contains college-level story-telling and newsletter resources for units, including the Newsletter Visual Guide (updated for 2015), the "Creating Dynamic Alumni Newsletters" manual from the June, 2012 Newsletter Reinvestment Workshop, a project plan, checklist, and content guide, and storytelling presentations from the College's Liberal Arts Communicators (LAC) group.
- Toolkits and Guides
- New! L&S 8 page newsletter template 
- New! Guide for department announcements 2015 [docx]
- L&S newsletter visual guide 
- Project plan, checklist, and content planning guide 
- L&S newsletter workshop booklet 
- Creating Dynamic Alumni Newsletters manual 
- Workshops and presentations
- Presentation: The L&S Storytelling Wringer: Our Process from Story Idea to Finished Story [pdf]
presented at the 3-18-14 Liberal Arts Communicators (LAC) meeting by Mary Ellen Gabriel and Tom Ziemer
- Presentation: Finding and Telling the Good Stories: Strategies for Alumni and Gift Impact Features [pdf]
Presented at the 10-15-12 Liberal Arts Communicators (LAC) meeting by Megan Costello, Mary Ellen Gabriel, and Tom Ziemer
- Overview: L&S Unit Newsletter Reinvestment Workshop [June 2012]
Held on 6-21-12 at the Fluno Center for Executive Education
L&S 8-page Newletter Template [.zip]
This document is designed to aid L&S units (departments, programs, centers and institutes) with managing and producing print and/or electronic newsletters for alumni, donors and friends. Refer to the Appendices in the Creating Dynamic Alumni Newsletters manual for information on selecting a coordinator, gathering content and best practices.
This document is designed to supplement the Newsletter Project Plan and assist L&S units in producing print or electronic newsletters for alumni, donors and friends. Please refer to Creating Dynamic Alumni Newsletters for more information.
This document is intended to provide a loose guide for content and story placement in a 8-12 page L&S newsletter.
This document contains best practices and tips for creating newsletters in the College of Letters & Science. the Creating Dynamic Alumni Newsletters manual can also be found in the final chapters of the L&S Newsletter Workshop Booklet (see above).