EPD - eHelp - EPD Essentials - Getting Help with Technical Problems
From time to time, there may be technical problems when accessing the systems or with the individual computer system. The course instructor may not be able to help effectively troubleshoot the technical problems. That is where the EPD Technology Support team can help act as a front-line resource in helping find assistance within the University. EPD will either help solve the problem directly, or in some instances, EPD can refer to the proper resource or person within the UW-Madison Division of IT (DoIT).
Below are the steps for reporting technical problems if taking an online course within of the graduate programs.
- Search this EPD eHelp KnowledgeBase and the UW KnowledgeBase first. They may already have the quick answer.
- Post in the Tech Support Forum in your program's Community & Support Site. Go to the Course Dashboard to find your Community & Support Site. Posting questions and problems there will receive a quicker response.
- Contact UW-Madison DoIT HelpDesk directly. The EPD Tech Support team is usually the best place to start, but the DoIT HelpDesk may also be of help and have several options for getting help.
How to Report Technical Problems
When reporting technical problems, it is always helpful to pass along as much information as possible to help with troubleshooting and/or replicating the problem that is experienced. When posting a technical issue, please include as much of the following info as possible:
- Specific computer or device operating system
- i.e. Mac or Windows XP, 7, 8, Apple iOS 6.1.3 (iPad), Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), etc.
- The web browser(s) that is experiencing the problem
- i.e. Firefox v23, Safari 6, IE9, etc.
- Location in which the problem is experienced
- i.e. home, work, both, etc.