WiscIT Widget - Search Results List
These widgets show the results of a search as a list. The results can be sorted by clicking the columns near the top of the active widget.
Search Results List
- Default Title: This is the title used when the widget is used in a dashboard. It does not necessarily have to match the contents of the "Name" field at the top of the window.
- Business Object: Use this to decide what Business Object is used by the search results widget. Check the "Show All" checkbox to see all the possible business objects to use.
- Show Results in a Grid: Use this to have the results of the search used appear in as a grid, similar to how they look after running the search itself.
- Custom Grid: Some custom grids have been created for specific uses for various departments that use Cherwell. They have columns chosen for these specific departments. The default grid generally meets the majority of users' needs.
- Default to Showing Grouping: Check this box to default to showing grouping functionality on the widget. This is left unchecked by default since grouping is still possible without showing it.
- Allow User to Show/Hide Grouping Options: Check this box to enable Grid Grouping on the widget. Group results in an active widget by dragging the column headers to the designated area.
- Allow Drill Down: Check this box to allow a widget user to drill down to a specific result of the search by double clicking on it.
- Show Results as Links: Use this to have each result show as clickable links.
- Limit Results: Use this to limit visible results by a certain number.
- Criteria: A pre-made or custom search can be used to draw data for the search results. The ellipsis button opens the Search Manager for a pre-made search and the magnifying glass opens the Custom Query window. See WiscIT - Using the Search Function in Cherwell if needed.
- Range: Select a range that cannot be changed by a different user. A specific range can be selected from the drop down box or a new range can be created.
- User Selectable: Make the range used by the widget when it's active changeable by the user. Click the button with an ellipsis on it to select the ranges to be made available to the users.
- Field Used for Date Range: Select the field of the selected Business Object to be used with this date range. For example, if the range is "Within the Last Week" and the field used for date range is "Last Modified Date Time", the results shown in the widget are all that meet the search criteria AND were modified in the last week.