Kaltura - Embed Media Using oEmbed (WordPress) (UW-Madison)
This document shows you how to embed UW-Madison Kaltura MediaSpace media into sites using oembed. Oembed is used by Wordpress and other sites as a way to embed media.
Reminder: Your media need to have their permissions set to Unlisted or they need to be published to a public channel for oembed to work.
Reminder: Your Wordpress admin needs to enable this funcitonality within your Wordpress site. Please direct your Wordpress admin to the KB doc located here: https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=56746. This should be done before you try to embed media!
- Your Wordpress has enabled Kaltura MediaSpace embedding in your Wordpress site using this KB doc: https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=56746
- Media in UW-Madison Kaltura MediaSpace need to have their permissions set to Unlisted or be published to a public channel. Media with their permission set to private will not work with oembed.
- Within UW-Madison Kaltura MediaSpace, navigate to My Media.
- Find media that is either unlisted or is published to a public channel.
- Go to the media preview screen by click on its thumbnail. Click the Share button located under the media's title and author.
- Click the oEmbed tab.
- By default, Kaltura MediaSpace provides you with an oEmbed URL that contains a player of the size 1280x720 even though it appears that the 640x360 player is selected. To modify the player, select the options under Player Skin and/or Player Size.
- Once you are satisfied with your options, select and copy the oEmbed URL located just under the oEmbed tab label.
- Navigate to your Wordpress (or other) site and paste this URL in a page or post.
Please remember that the permissions of the media need to be set to Unlisted or the media needs to be published to a public channel.