Web Hosting - GIT Deploy via Plesk
To set up GIT Deploy on your site:
To make deploying your website even easier, Plesk now has built-in integration with Git. This is available on both Windows/IIS/ASP and our LAMP platforms
- Set up a Git repository if you haven't already. DoIT Shared Tools now offers Git repository space at https://git.doit.wisc.edu.
- Login to the Plesk control panel for your account and select the domain you want to use.
- Select the Git icon and then choose Add Repository. If you do not see this icon, or it says Disabled, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Choose your type of repository and then enter in the information for the repo's name. At this point, Plesk should provide the public SSH key that you will need to add to your repository. Depending on how the repo was setup, this will likely need to be entered under deploy keys. See DoIT Shared Tools support for Git for more information.
- Before clicking OK, select the deploy options and location through the two links on the right side of the page. It is recommended that you use automatically deployed for test and 'manually deploy for production.
- Once that is all complete, click OK to finalize the setup.
- Plesk will now show another entry on the main panel page for each Git repo that has been setup. You can pull and deploy updates through this, as well as edit the repo as needed.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.