Mapping Your CAE Network Drive
Instructions for mapping your CAE network drive
How to map your CAE home directory (Windows)
- Right-click on My Computer and choose Map Network Drive.
- In "Drive:" enter any available letter
- In "Folder:" enter \\userspace.cae.wisc.edu\people\[login_name_first_initial]\[login_name]. For example, for the account johndoe, the path is \\userspace.cae.wisc.edu\people\j\johndoe. If you only want to have to do this once, choose the checkbox "Reconnect at logon."
- If you are asked for your login name and password, be sure to use your CAE login, with the ENGR domain specified before. It should look like ENGR\johndoe
- Click "Finish."
How to map your CAE home directory (OS X)
- From Finder, press Command+K
- Enter the path to your directory: userspace.cae.wisc.edu/people/[login_name_first_initial]/[login_name]
- Click "Connect"
- Enter your CAE login and password, with the ENGR domain specified, e.g. ENGR\johndoe, and click "OK"
- The drive is now mounted, however it will disappear when you reboot. To enable persistence do the following:
- Go to System Preferences from the Apple menu
- Click on "Accounts" then "Login Items"
- Click the + button to add another login item
- Locate the CAE drive you just added, and select "Add"
- Exit out of system preferences
You can see how much disk space you have available, and view a detailed analysis of the files in your Unix/Windows home directory, on the CAE My Account page. Look under Disk Space.