Help Desk - I need my Campus ID/Wiscard number

Campus faculty, staff, students, and applicants can obtain their Wiscard number in the following ways.

UW Faculty, Staff, Students

If you have a Wiscard, the Campus ID number is the number below your photo. In the image below, the Campus ID number of Bucky Badger is 0123456789.

Picture of a Wiscard

Faculty, staff, and students must go to the Wiscard office to obtain their ID number if they do not have a Wiscard. Note: The Wiscard office will not give out any information over the phone. You must go there in person with a valid form of photo identification to obtain a campus ID number or Wiscard.

See for details.

If you are an off-campus student and need assistance with your campus ID number, please contact the Office of the Registrar at (608) 262-3811 for assistance. Normal business hours are: Monday-Friday, 7:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (excluding holidays).

If you are an off-campus employee, please contact the DoIT Help Desk for additional assistance. Get Help from DoIT

See also: Campus Privileges For UW-Madison Student Help Not Enrolled at UW-Madison and Employees Not Based in Madison


Applicants should have received a letter from the Admissions Office or an email titled "UW-Madison Application Confirmation", providing their UW Campus ID number. If an applicant needs their Campus ID number, please contact the appropriate Admissions office.

  • Undergraduate Admissions - 608-262-3961
  • Graduate Admissions - 608-262-2433

Additionally, Graduate Applicants may also log into their online application and scroll to the bottom of the page to obtain their Campus ID number.

Hospital Employees

Hospital employees who are not UW faculty, staff, or students use their NetIDs to apply for parking only.

  • If your NetID password needs to be reset and you have forgotten your campus ID number for verification, please contact the hospital parking coordinators at 263-7943. Please inform them that you need your UW ID number. You may then call the Help Desk to have your password reset.

  • Note: Hospital staff can visit the HSLC DoIT Service Desk site (Located in the HSLC Bookstore) or any DoIT Service Desk for password changes. This is a great alternative for when you do not have your Campus ID. We can verify your identity using a driver's license or other official photo ID.


Most alumni request their Campus ID in order to access transcript data. Alumni can use My Info to access much of their former student data. If you need access to My Info and don't remember your Campus ID or PIN, you can go to My Info and click the link labeled 'Forgot Campus ID or Pin?'. You will then be able to log into My Info after providing alternate information.

In cases where Alumni forget their Campus ID number and need to reset their NetID / Office 365 email password, they can log into My Info to recover it. They will be redirected to an application called "Student Center." In the "Academics" section of Student Center, they should click on the link entitled "My Academics". After clicking on "Request official transcript", they will be brought to the Transcript Ordering Services page where they will click "Begin Order". On the next page, their Campus ID should be auto-populated in the first field of the Order Form.

Lifelong Learners

Lifelong Learners do not have CampusIDs.

See Also:

Keywords:campus photo uw id number netid password reset obtaining parking hospital student applying for parking campus id can't cant find forgot forget campusid cid forgotten   Doc ID:6127
Owner:Leah S.Group:DoIT Help Desk
Created:2007-07-09 18:00 CSTUpdated:2018-08-03 17:32 CST
Sites:Access Management Services, DoIT Help Desk, DoIT Tech Store, Middleware, My UW-Madison Portal
Feedback:  103   116