Canvas - How to Embed Media (Audio and Video) in Canvas from Kaltura MediaSpace
This page provides instructions on the proper steps on how to embed media content in Canvas (canvas.wisc.edu).
Upload media to Kaltura MediaSpace
Once you have uploaded your media to Kaltura MediaSpace you can embed it in Canvas. The tutorial will start from the point of editing a page in Canvas:
- Move your cursor to the point in your Canvas page where you want to insert a Kaltura MediaSpace video.
- Click the multi-colored Kaltura MediaSpace icon on the menu bar. When you mouse-over the icon it provides helper text which says "Embed Kaltura Media". See the picture below with the enlarged icon:
- An "Embed content from Embed Kaltura Media" window will open. It might take a few seconds to open. Scroll to the video you want to embed. Click the Select arrow drop-down and choose the size you want to embed. Generally we recommend the Medium size. You can also just click the Select portion of the button to insert the medium size of the video:
- After you embed the video a gray placeholder with a video icon will appear on the page. You can continue to edit the page and add text if you'd like. Once you're done click Save:
- Canvas will display your page with your new embedded Kaltura video: