Canvas - Training Resources
Looking for Canvas training? There are several available resources to help you get up to speed on Canvas.
In Person Canvas Sessions
- Canvas Demonstration: What is Canvas? (1 hour)
- Getting Started with Canvas (1.5 hours, with 1.5 hours of work time afterwards)
Online Canvas Training Courses
- The UW-Madison Canvas Training Course for Instructors is available directly within Canvas. Working through all the material sequentially could take 16-20 hours.
- The UW-Madison Canvas Student Training Course is available from directly within Canvas.
- Lynda.com offers an online training module Learn Canvas 2016 that is focused on video tutorials. The video tutorials take about two hours. If you have never used Lynda.com before, please refer to Lynda.com@UW-Madison - Accessing online training via your NetID in order to get logged in to access the training module.
Canvas Community Guides
Instructure, the Canvas vendor, offers a large repository of end-user resources including videos and online manuals. These resources are available on their Canvas Guides page.