Canvas - Adding a Kaltura Interactive Video Quiz as an Assignment (UW-Madison)
This document describes how to add a Kaltura Mediaspace Interactive Video Quiz (IVQ) as an assignment in Canvas that connects to the gradebook.
- Create a Kaltura Interactive Video Quiz in Kaltura MediaSpace as outlined in Kaltura - Interactive Video Quizzing (UW-Madison)
- In your Canvas course click on Assignments.
- Click the +Assignment button to add an assignment.
- Enter the assignment details including the assignment name, description, points, group, and "display grade as" settings.
- Under Submission Type click the drop-down and select External Tool.
- Under External Tool Options click the Find button.
- Click on Kaltura - Interactive Video Quiz from the list of available tools.
- A Link Resource from External Tool window will open and display a list of Kaltura Interactive Video Quizzes. Select the video quiz you want your students to take by clicking on the blue Select button next to the quiz.
- You will be taken back to the list of available external tools. Click the red Select button.
- Set the dates you would like the video quiz to be available.
- If you are ready to make the video quiz available to students, click Save & Publish. Otherwise just click Save. The video quiz grade item will not show up in the Grades tool until you publish the assignment the video quiz is part of.