Canvas - Adding a Kaltura Interactive Video Quiz (IVQ) as an Assignment
This document describes how to add a Kaltura Mediaspace Interactive Video Quiz (IVQ) as an assignment in Canvas that connects to the gradebook.
Students using iOS devices with a mobile browser will have trouble viewing Interactive Video Quiz (IVQ) assignments. The best practice is for the student to use Chrome or Firefox on Windows or OSX. Alternately iOS users can use the Canvas Student app, or Safari to login to Canvas and follow the workaround described in Canvas/Kaltura - Known Issue - Interacting with Kaltura Media in Canvas Presents a Message About Blocked Cookies (UW-Madison) to view the IVQ assignment in Canvas on iOS.
- Create a Kaltura Interactive Video Quiz in Kaltura MediaSpace as outlined in Kaltura - Adding questions to your videos via Interactive Video Quizzing (IVQ)
- In your Canvas course click on Assignments.
- Click the +Assignment button to add an assignment.
- Enter the assignment details including the assignment name, description, points, group, and "display grade as" settings.
- Under Submission Type click the drop-down and select External Tool.
- Under External Tool Options click the Find button.
- Click on Kaltura - Interactive Video Quiz from the list of available tools.
- A Link Resource from External Tool window will open and display a list of Kaltura Interactive Video Quizzes. Select the video quiz you want your students to take by clicking on the blue Select button next to the quiz.
- You will be taken back to the list of available external tools. Click the red Select button.
- Set the dates you would like the video quiz to be available.
- If you are ready to make the video quiz available to students, click Save & Publish. Otherwise just click Save. The video quiz grade item will not show up in the Grades tool until you publish the assignment the video quiz is part of.