WiscVPN - Installing and Connecting the GlobalProtect Client (Mac)
This document describes how to download and install the WiscVPN GlobalProtect VPN client on a Mac computer. GlobalProtect supports Mac 32/64 bit Operating Systems.
Note: This client is compatible with OS X 10.9 or later.
Note: If you are having trouble installing WiscVPN, try disabling Symantec Endpoint Protection on your machine: Symantec Endpoint Protection- Disabling and Enabling Instructions.
When you are done with the installation, re-enable Symantec. Reboot your computer before trying to connect to WiscVPN.
Download the Client
- Open the downloaded file. Proceed through the installation process, you will need to click continue, then continue, then install.
- Some users will be prompted with a message saying "System Extension Blocked." In this case, select Open Security Preferences then select Allow in the following window.
- If you are prompted for your password, type it in. It will look like the image below once you have typed in your password. Then select install software.
Connecting with the GlobalProtect client
After the installation has finished, proceed to WiscVPN - Connecting with the GlobalProtect (PaloAlto) Client for instructions on how to connect.
Common Installation Problem
When attempting to start the client, if you receive an error message stating “The program can’t start because mfc120u.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem,” you can resolve the error by installing the Visual C++ runtime files which are downloadable in the following link:
Instructions for installing the C++ Redistributable Packages
- Click the link above. It will take you to the Microsoft website.
- Select the language you prefer from the dropdown menu and click the red "Download" button.
- Select the appropriate version.
- Follow download and installation prompts.