Engage - Benefits of Engage eTexts (UW-Madison)
The Unizin Engage tool will be used for the Spring 2018 UW-Madison eText pilot. If you are not participating in the pilot or taking a class in the pilot you will not have access to Engage. For more information on the pilot please see the Educational Innovation web page.
This document outlines some of the benefits of Engage eTexts.
- Purchased directly from the publisher, eliminating third-party distributors and bookstores, and the associated retail markups
- Priced significantly lower due to Unizin’s ability to negotiate volume discounts directly with publishers
- Easy for instructors to search for and request new titles, and to adopt
- No outdated editions, or used or partial books
- No comparison shopping or trip to the bookstore is required - just enroll in class
- Possibilities for new and creative approaches to teaching and learning
- Exact same text from the same authors and publishers – including charts, graphs, pictures, etc. - can be annotated by students and instructors
- Additional Digital Learning Tools (DLTs) from publishers are integrated into the Canvas course page
- Flexible, allowing instructors to add additional, external content, including ability to upload Open Educational Resources in PDF format
- Access through Canvas – no need for multiple apps or logins
- A single, easy-to-use reading platform, Engage, is available for stand-alone texts, regardless of publisher or product
- eText available to your students before the first day of class
- No restrictions for international students
- Students can access all purchased eTexts for as long as they are enrolled at UW-Madison
- Cost-effective and convenient for students
- Costs can be covered by all forms of financial aid, because the appropriate eText fees are added to your Bursar bill when you enroll
- Environmentally friendly
- E-mail email@example.com for support. More information is also available on the Educational Innovation webpage.