Unizin Engage - Benefits of Engage eTexts (UW-Madison)
Unizin Engage is only available to instructors and students who are in a class that is participating in the eText pilot. For more information on the pilot please see the pilot page on the Educational Innovation site.
This document outlines some of the benefits of Engage eTexts.
- Purchased directly from the publisher, eliminating third-party distributors and bookstores, and the associated retail markups
- Priced significantly lower due to Unizin’s ability to negotiate volume discounts directly with publishers
- Easy for instructors to search for and request new titles, and to adopt
- No outdated editions, or used or partial books
- No comparison shopping or trip to the bookstore is required - just enroll in class
- Possibilities for new and creative approaches to teaching and learning
- Exact same text from the same authors and publishers – including charts, graphs, pictures, etc. - can be annotated by students and instructors
- Additional Digital Learning Tools (DLTs) from publishers are integrated into the Canvas course page
- Flexible, allowing instructors to add additional, external content, including ability to upload Open Educational Resources in PDF format
- Access through Canvas – no need for multiple apps or logins
- A single, easy-to-use reading platform, Engage, is available for stand-alone texts, regardless of publisher or product
- eText available to your students before the first day of class
- No restrictions for international students
- Cost-effective and convenient for students
- Costs can be covered by all forms of financial aid, because the appropriate eText fees are added to your Bursar bill when you enroll
- Environmentally friendly
- Support is available from UW-Madison. For support questions during the pilot about Unizin Engage please contact the DoIT Help Desk:
- Phone: 608-264-4357
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
If Help Desk staff are unable to resolve your issue they will escalate your issue to the appropriate consultants. Instructors participating in the pilot will also be given access to a Canvas course which will include additional helpful information.
If you are using publisher Digital Learning Tools (DLT) like Pearson Mastering Physics and MyLab or Cengage MindTap support is provided directly from the publisher. More information on where to get DLT support is available in this KB doc next to the publisher name under "Who Provides Support".
- More information is also available on the Educational Innovation webpage.