Chat with an Agent!
Click the LiveChat icon to initiate a chat session. Then, simply fill out the short form to start chatting with a Help Desk technician.
- LiveChat is available from 8am-10pm, 7 days a week (excluding holidays)
Users of LiveChat must be affiliated with the UW and have a valid NetID
No account information (This includes: NetID information and Campus ID) may be collected or given out via LiveChat.
For login-related issues, please see the following resources:
If you have problems initiating a LiveChat session, or need further assistance with your NetID, password, or other account information, please call the DoIT Help Desk at +1-608-264-4357 (264-HELP)
For a detailed explanation of how to use the Help Desk LiveChat service, see Help Desk LiveChat - What to Expect.
LiveChat provides the following features:
- Compatible with many popular web browsers
- Convenient access to Help Desk technologists without using a phone
- Same great help you've come to expect from the DoIT Help Desk
LiveChat has been tested and is known to work with the following web browsers/OS's:
- Internet Explorer 11.x (Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows 7)
- Firefox 52.x and newer
- Chrome 40.x versions and newer
- Safari (Mac OSX 10.8.x and newer)