Canvas - "U Got This!" Course (UW-Madison)
First-year students and transfer students at UW-Madison are required to complete the U Got This! course, provided by University Health Services. This course is available from within the Canvas learning management system.
This document describes how to complete the U Got This! course in Canvas.
Students required to take this course will need to complete it by the required deadline. Missing the completion deadline for the course could result in an enrollment hold being placed on your student record, prohibiting you from enrolling in courses for upcoming terms. Students being asked to complete the U Got This! course will receive email notifications with instructions, completion deadlines, and warnings about any enrollment holds that may be placed as a result of non-completion.
If you have questions about the completion requirements, or have other questions about the program, contact email@example.com or visit the program website. Only first-year students and incoming transfer students are enrolled in the U Got This! course.
To complete the U Got This! course:
1. Log in to the Course Dashboard using your UW-Madison NetID credentials.
2. On your My Course Dashboard, under "Current," look for the U Got This! course, then click into the course and follow the completion instructions.
U Got This! course technical considerations:
- Use Firefox browser and avoid using Chrome or Internet Explorer browsers. For the best experience, it's recommended that you use Firefox to launch Canvas and complete U Got This!.
- View in full screen. U Got This! is optimized to play in full screen, and most video size issues can be resolved by viewing in full screen. To open the program in a full screen, use the new window (above the U Got This! program screen on the right). This will reload the slide you were last viewing.
- Plan to complete U Got This! in one sitting. If you exit the course before you've completed it, your progress should be saved. However, there have been several reports of progress not being saved. Therefore, it's best to plan to complete the course in one sitting, as there's no guarantee your progress will be tracked if you exit the course early. (The course takes approximately 60-70 minutes to complete.)
To Get HelpIf you need help accessing the U Got This! course or experience technical issues, contact the DoIT Help Desk for assistance.
For more information about the courses, such as completion deadlines and FAQs, please visit the following website: University Health Services - U Got This!
Or, you can contact University Health Services directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.