Transcript Request - Requesting Transcripts Without a NetID

An overview and step-by-step guide to requesting transcripts without having a NetID or password.This guide will also provide step-by-step instructions to retrieving your campus ID and PIN.


Current students or students who have graduated within the last two years can request transcripts by logging in to the Student Center.

Former students with records from 1978-present can request transcripts through The following instructions can also be useful to anyone who has forgotten their NetID and password who does not want to go through the NetID recovery procedure to request their transcript.


1. Navigate to in a web browser.

2. Click Forgot Campus ID or Pin?

3. Click the box to the left of "I agree to the terms above".

Verify terms

4. Enter your name and personal identification data as it appears on UW-Madison's records. Click Next.

Enter name and personal identification

5. Select the class as instructed for identity verification. Once completed, click Submit.

Pick a class from the list

6. You are now logged into the UW-Madison Student Center. To go to the transcript order site: Click Academic Records, then Request My Official Transcript .

Academic records tile Request my official transcript

7. This should bring up the transcript ordering site, pre-populated with the necessary UW-Madison ID information. You may now proceed with ordering an official transcript.

Begin transcript order

Obtaining your campus ID and PIN number for future access

You may follow the same instructions each time you would like to access the Student Center in the future. However, you are able to obtain your campus ID and reset the PIN for easier access.
Follow the instructions below once you are in the Student Center to retrieve that information.

Obtaining your campus ID:
1. Click on the “Academic Records” tile.

Academic record tile

2. From the menu on the left, click on “View Unofficial Transcript”.

View unofficial transcript

3. Click the “Submit” button process your request. A new tab with a PDF version of your unofficial transcript will pop up.
Note: Your device must allow popups and have a PDF viewer to see the report.


4. Your campus ID number is available on your unofficial transcript.

Campus ID on unofficial transcript

Changing your PIN:
1. Click on the “Profile” tile.

Profile tile

From the menu on the left, click on “Change PIN”.
3. Type a new PIN number and save.

Change PIN number

In the future, you may log in through using your campus ID and PIN.

Keywords:transcript request official transcripts unofficial alumni students registrar office graduate former grades order online no login myinfo my info campus ID number   Doc ID:78992
Owner:Dana S.Group:Office of the Registrar
Created:2018-01-04 12:00 CDTUpdated:2019-09-16 15:59 CDT
Sites:DoIT Help Desk, Office of the Registrar
Feedback:  8   0