Pressbooks - Adding other users to your Pressbook (UW-Madison)
This document provides information on how to give other users authoring access to a Pressbook.
Pressbooks offers the ability to give other people access to your book: editors, co-authors, etc. These instructions assume that the person you are adding to your Pressbook has already requested a Pressbooks account and has been added to Pressbooks as outlined in Pressbooks - Requesting an account and resources to get started (UW-Madison) . To add another person to your book:
- Login to Pressbooks: wisc.pb.unizin.org
- Click My Catalog and select the book that you want to add another person to.
- Click Users in the left navigation menu:
- Click Add New.
- Enter the user's UW-Madison e-mail in the Email entry field.
- Select the role you want the user to have in your Pressbooks from the Role drop-down menu. The following table lists each user role, and what they have access to once they've been added to a book, listed from most to least access:
Manage Users & Settings
Add or Edit Posts
Comment (if enabled)
Administrator Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Editor No Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Author No Only their own Only their own Only their own Yes Yes Contributor No Only their own No No Yes Yes Subscriber No No No No Yes Yes
- Click Add Existing User.