MFA-Duo - Obtaining a Passcode from the Duo Mobile App
This document describes how the Duo Mobile app can be used to generate a passcode for multi-factor authentication.
This feature is great for situations when your phone doesn't have a stable cellular data or wifi connection. This feature can even be used with your phone is in airplane mode or when you are traveling outside of the US.
- At the MFA Duo prompt, select Enter a Passcode.
- Open the Duo Mobile app on your device.
- Click the UW Madison item in your app.
- A 6-digit passcode will be presented. Enter that passcode in the MFA Duo prompt to complete the login process.
- If the code doesn't work, click the refresh icon next to the code to generate a new code.
- The code below is simply an example and not to be used to login.