Topics Map > Desktop > Email
Using the SOP internal email newsletter template
How to modify & use the SOP email newsletter template for internal communications (Outlook, table-based)
With the SoP e-newsletter template, you can pre-compose your newsletter content in a Microsoft Word doc, paste it into the template, and email it out in Outlook.
- Save the e-newsletter template as a draft in Outlook. You can do this by dragging the message from your Inbox folder to the Drafts folder.
- When you're ready to send out your newsletter, go to your Drafts folder, double-click on the newsletter message to open it in its own window.
- In the message menu at the top of the window, click on the "More Move Actions" icon and select the "Resend this message" option.
The message will open in another new window.
- You can now edit the newsletter:
- Change the email subject field if needed
- Update the date
- Delete the old text and copy/paste in the new text you've pre-composed in a Word doc.
- When you're ready to send out your e-newsletter:
If your Outlook account is set up to automatically add your e-signature at the bottom of all messages, you'll want to scroll to the bottom of the newsletter and make sure it's deleted before clicking the "Send" button.